Banker's Guild

Too Interesting

I think the Banker's Guild is a great plug...in theory. However, I find that once a get a thousand or two in the bank, my gold supply skyrockets. :blink: This makes aquiring gold for new weapons and armor much less fun.

Is there someone who could modify that plug so its interest rate is much lower, maybe 5-7% instead of 50%? I think that would be more realistic and fun to play, but I have no idea how to do it myself.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Xizzix : 18 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

Xizzix, on Feb 18 2006, 07:07 PM, said:

Is there someone who could modify that plug so its interest rate is much lower, maybe 5-7% instead of 50%? I think that would be more realistic and fun to play, but I have no idea how to do it myself.
View Post

The author of the plugin said at one point that he was going to do just that, but I guess he never got around to it. Actually, as the game progresses, the level-ups become less frequent so the money growth does not seem as blatant or obscene.

No one says you have to put all your money in the bank. You could set some rules for yourself such as, "I'll only put 20% of my money in the bank and with the 50% bank rate that will be the equivalent of 10% growth." Then again, you can just save it all up for that retirement home on the south coast of Garendall. 😄