Runic Sword & Conjurer

+ a general question...

I am currently playing as a conjurer, and I just won the dwarven runic sword. Its name is in red in my inventory, which I know means I can't use it...at the moment. How do I tell whether I can never use it or whether I need to raise a stat (like strength) and then I can use it? I don't want to sell it if I can eventually use it, but it does give 5k.

In general, is there a way to tell the difference between when a weapon/armor can't be used at all and when it can be used after raising a stat?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you would need to find a way for your conjurer to masquerade as a swordsman in order to use that.

Barring temporary sorcery which a conjurer may use to turn himself into something which he is not, the general rules of weapons are as follows:

A Swordsman cannot use ranged weapons (i.e. bows and arrows, spears, etc.)

A Ranger cannot use "heavy" armor or weapons.

A Conjurer cannot use either of the above, but he has his spells to rely on which the others do not have.

If a weapon can be used but only when the stats are high enough, the description will usually say so. There will be something in the box about the weapon which indicates this. It might say, "requires 45+ strength," or "must have 25 dexterity." Until that point is reached, the weapon will be listed in red in your inventory.

Rubber Ducky, on Feb 17 2006, 06:03 PM, said:

Barring temporary sorcery which a conjurer may use to turn himself into something which he is not, the general rules of weapons are as follows:

A Swordsman cannot use ranged weapons (i.e. bows and arrows, spears, etc.)

A Ranger cannot use "heavy" armor or weapons.

A Conjurer cannot use either of the above, but he has his spells to rely on which the others do not have.

If a weapon can be used but only when the stats are high enough, the description will usually say so. There will be something in the box about the weapon which indicates this. It might say, "requires 45+ strength," or "must have 25 dexterity." Until that point is reached, the weapon will be listed in red in your inventory.
View Post

Thanks.