your approval is required...

Youve all probably been wondering about my sudden interests in thte build up and all that RPG stuff. Or your not and you jsut think im a nut(but if you want to say that put it in trash talk, not here). But while I was glancing through the ring saga I thought, if I put this stuff together and added actual sentences im-between the diolouge it could make one hell of a good story. But to do this I need your approval, since I will be using your dialouge. Its not really like I want to publish it or anything and even if I did that I would give you guys credit, its just that its a lazy way for me to write like a 400 page story(litteraly try to print out the build up 😉 ). Questions, comments, angry plaugeristic(made up word) remarks?

------------------

I'd be fine with it. Maybe you could email each of us a copy.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

Well i cant really give you permissoin since i never posted but i would love if you could do that, whenever i start reading the rpgs there is always somthine that happneed before that i havent read so it kept on confusing me, so please if you do do that email me a copy.

------------------
I'm the scourge of the
New Republic, care to
join me?

That idea has been proposed before, but we generally agree that it would spoil it sort of.

------------------
Those who make up the rules, do not play the game. We, however, do.
-Imperial Captain Alexi Darvonsal
StarLance

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

I love chanting. Oh, make sure you get "The Slice" too, it's part.

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

good idea!

I'll ditto Darkk.
DO IT!

Having this as a coherent story would be quite an interesting sci-fi rag. And, if a publishing company gets hold of it, it might get put in bookstores.

I don't know how the crediting would work, and I would imagine it'd get pretty hairy. But I suppose that's another bridge for another day.

Until then, MAKE IT REAL!

------------------
Ne Cede Malis Sed Contra Audientor Ito

be aware that this may take awhile. School is really getting annoying. Why can my high school just obliterate itself one day. (plz do not take this as a threat). It will probably have 3 parts 1 about the ring one about the genral "buld up" and one about the star lance....

Oh and about crediting. You guys would get like 75 to 80 percent credit.

(This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 11-09-2000).)

Yeah, for the buildup you can use my stuff. What about the Slice-sorta related and the Story of the Stolen Sword (kinda helps describe events, in between the buildup and the ring)? You have forgotten those.

------------------

Just to keep it personal, don't forget "Darkk's Search."

------------------

Hmmmmm. Sargatanus, what's your opinion?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I Give you permission to do my StarLance stuff, but before you submit it to the chronicles you MUST send it to me for editing.

(It was the Comar , not the Salrilians, whoever said that)

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

But...but...I was thinking of doing that! 🙂

It'll have to be very complicated; with all the subplots and all the almost completely unimportant people and the major plot running through it all.

You better do a good job.

Check the 'Life Stories' thread as well, it may help in a few ways. Some of it people would probably like to discredit though...

------------------

"Anything that can be achieved using magic can be achieved using technology." -Salrillian Illegal Publicist ekt-Herna in his last message to the Salrillian public.

damn this gonna take awhile i may not get to it till january 'casue my creative wrting teacher is being a dictator on what we can and cant do stories about... but it will get done at some point.

------------------

You're lucky. I never got to write ANY short stories since 7th grade :frown: . The last one I remember doing was really sucky and probably downright wrong Marathon fan-fiction.

------------------

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**You're lucky. I never got to write ANY short stories since 7th grade:frown: . The last one I remember doing was really sucky and probably downright wrong Marathon fan-fiction.

Heh, I don't think its short. Try printing the "ring attack HQ" topic that never made it even close to three pages. Its about 92 pages on printed paper. Short isn't exactly a good term, there's enough to make a novel series.

------------------

Originally posted by Avatara:
**Heh, I don't think its short. Try printing the "ring attack HQ" topic that never made it even close to three pages. Its about 92 pages on printed paper. Short isn't exactly a good term, there's enough to make a novel series.

One thing I learned in High School was that stuff is ALWAYS longer on the computer. If transcribed exactly, "The Officer's Club Bar", "The Buildup", "Stolen Sword", "Life Stories of the AWB members", "Darkk's Search", and the StarLance and Ring topics could actually be longer than EVERY STAR WARS™ NOVEL CURRENTLY WRITTEN. The Officer's Club Bar alone would suffice, in all probablily.

------------------

Ah, but a page on the boards consists of 40 posts. While the bar has hundreds of posts, they are all very small, while the others have very large posts, making for much more writing per page. I think the buildup is probably the longest.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

I was exagerating some ;).

------------------

what if you just cut the text of the posts into word and made it a reasonable font? I bet that would be much shorter.

------------------