I've sent andrew a letter

(quote)Originally posted by Laguna:
**Geez....my keyboard is faulty. I need my G4 back because its getting to a point where I have to edit every other post I make. Anyway, two things.

1. Who are you exactly?
  2. You spelt 'guess' wrong 🙂

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Originally posted by Cotton Mouse:
**Just had to say that is most definatly not me.

Just shows that ASW is just a corporation.

Yeah, you're right. Just because you didn't get every little thing you wanted, you have the right to condemn us. Grow up.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Originally posted by andrew:
**'spelt' isn't a word...

You Americans with your spellings. Come over here and say that! 🙂

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

So, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if englih could spell better than most americans. The schools here are simply awful (not that I've ever been to one). With the dropouts this country is pouring out, it should be short work to try to take over our country.

BTW, was my writing similar to mouse's? What made you think I was him?

------------------
Axis Software: Ares Port & Star Trek ReCreation
(url="http://"mailto:Jonathan@Woodburn.cc")mailto:Jonathan@Woodburn.cc(/url)Jonathan@Woodburn.cc

The thing about you saying "I'll leave if you want me to" or something along those lines......

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

Zeta says:
**I wouldn't be surprised if englih could spell better than most americans.

You mean, the English? 😄

Originally posted by Zeta:
**So, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if englih could spell better than most americans. The schools here are simply awful (not that I've ever been to one). With the dropouts this country is pouring out, it should be short work to try to take over our country.

(...)

Don't worry. Some have tried but none have succeeded. There are benefits to owning nuclear weapons.

Sorry about my previous spelling mistakes. One, I wasn't sure how to spell guess, and two, I'm running off of an old, slow computer that takes forever to type out something I punched in minutes ago (slight exageration, but true).

Laguna: I'm going to leave a message in your mailbox. So please check it. I'd appreciate it. 🙂

Sincerely,
Jonathan

------------------
Axis Software: Ares Port & Star Trek ReCreation
(url="http://"mailto:Jonathan@Woodburn.cc")mailto:Jonathan@Woodburn.cc(/url)Jonathan@Woodburn.cc

I think its too bad that Cotten and Andrew are mad at each other... I can see both sides of the story. It's just that Cotten isn't too good at presenting his side, and Andrew has had a lot of experience in that area.

I'm going to talk about each side here, so if I sound like a jerk, etc., I am seriously not trying to.

Cotten's Side: Well, Andrew, there IS some stuff about all this that you don't know. A few days before Slug became a moderator, we had a discussionabout Pax and Replicant being missing. We came to the agreement that our current moderators do a good enough job anyway (probably has to do with them being on opposite sides of the world). And then, for some reason, Slug emailed you wanting to be a moderator. Slug seemed okay, so you said yes, and made him one. Then, I guess, Cotten figured that the boards were VERY well moderated, and didn't send an email (he was also upset). Then, just as he was feeling better, Laguna got made a moderator, which probably wasn't too good on Cotten. Anyway, that's the part where he left. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have done anything you would have done in that situation, or that you should roll over one of the existing moderators to make Cotten one. I'm not even saying you should be persuaded by this, although I hope that you do. I'm just saying that there's two or more sides to every story, and there was part of Cotten's that you didn't hear.

Andrew's Side: Cotten, I don't think Andrew knew any of the stuff I just said. For all he knew, you could have been just a whiny ten year old, like he said. Or you could have been some sixty year old guy who was pretending to be a whiny ten year old, but that is pretty similar, anyway. Either way, from what he knew, you weren't a nice guy, not to mention one that would make a good moderator. I really think you should consider Andrew's side, and all of that jazz that I'm not really very good at saying...

Anyway, I hope you guys read this and understand why you both did what you did... And please don't get upset with me... Etc., etc....

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

I guess that's pretty accurate. I hand a long, hard conversation with Cotton on GR and things are pretty flattenned out here.

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Commodore za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

I'm sorry if I ticked anyone off. I was quoting Cotten Mouse said on Gameranger.

Cotten Mouse said he might come back if Andrew apologizes. I think he was referring to the harshness in one of Andrew's statements. Reading back, Andrew did get his point across, but he did so rather harshly.

Not that I blame him. I would be mad if someone sent me an e-mail demanding why they weren't made moderator when I never recieved a request to become a moderator. I hope you two (Cotten Mouse and Andrew Welch) will stop this fight, forgive each other, and then return to their normal lives. (its scary stuck in the middle of something when you want to be on both sides)

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone.

------------------

I can't belive I said that... Did I really say I'd come back if andrew apologizes? For what? What the hell was I smoking...

This is making it AWFUL hard to fade away like slug suggested...

------------------
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Era, an huge plugin for EV: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html")www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html(/url)

Originally posted by Cotton Mouse:
**I can't belive I said that... Did I really say I'd come back if andrew apologizes? For what? What the hell was I smoking...

This is making it AWFUL hard to fade away like slug suggested...

Sorry, but yes. Those were your exact words. It was Friday on Gameranger, I think. Now I wish I had a copy of that conversation...

------------------

I really can't blame Cotton for feeling disappointed to see a bunch of folks made moderators. He's been around for longer than I can remember (old boards included.) I think he'd probably have done a good job. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to admit that I find him to be carrying it a bit too far. Like, just lighten up, man. Wait around another few months, maybe one of the current guys will get lax, and you can take their job.

------------------
Did you feed us tales of deceit
Conceal the tongues who need to speak
Subtle lies and a soiled coin
The truth is sold, the deal is done
-Portishead, "Coyboys"

Not worth it man hes gone!

------------------
'When you play with fire your gona get burned'
EM said about the Audemedon Gate ship well chasing Mags small vessal!