Fav. Ship

What's ur favorite ship?

PS I need an adjutant for my website. Drop by and send a resume. (copy-paste the link)

------------------
Visit my Ares Website at (url="http://"http://themightyRW.homestead.com/AresPage.html")")http://themightyRW.h.../AresPage.html)(/url)

I'm building it and need
some of Ares community's
input.

"There will be a day on Earth when a great evil will descend. This evil force will be called Ford Motor Company. It will set new standards: Lower than the fiery pit. By losing Volvo, Earth is vulnerable. And then, it will be time to attack."

-Nokis, Salrilian Prophet

(This message has been edited by James_Herriot (edited 04-23-2000).)

The kind that flies up your ass and blows you up from the inside! πŸ˜›

Seriously, I like the Sal. Carrier. Period.

------------------
Sorry about your starship, Captain ga'KrΓΌg, but as we say on Earth :
'C'est la vie'!

-Admiral Williams,
Shortly after the defeat of the 3rd Gaitori fleet.

Cantharan carrier! Love that clustercell projector. Comes in real handy if an enemy ship is strafing you. Only problem is its low ammunition.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Hmmm... favorite ship... I'd have to say Human gunship, I like it's main weapon, and it can't be picked on by fighters as much as some gunships.

I LIKE GROLK LIGHT CRUISER MUCH LOTS!!

I'd go with Human gunship or HVD.

The Cantharan carrier isn't all that good against straffing, the cluster cell tracks and hits where the opponent was, if they're moving at and speed at all.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

I just love that Sal gunship (though I have NOT really flown one so ) I also like human gunship (alot). What is human HVD like?!? I know what weapons it has but how does it handle?

But from cap ships I like that Baz battleship.

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

I'd say that the human HVD is one of the better ones, not quite as good as gaitori/ishiman one though. It's pretty speedy, like all HVDs, but I think it's a little faster than the ishiman one, or maybe a bit more manouverable (anyone know for sure? there aren't any stats for it remember...) It works well, it fights one of the big flaws in HVDs (confused by lots of small ships) with its turret. However, I don't think that that's an acceptable sacrafice for the loss of a missle, which it doesn't have. It also has a longer use than a Cantharan or Sal HVD, since once it's out of yellow ball things, it can still use its magneto pulse.

How about least favorate ships too? I'd say mine is the Cantharan HVD, I don't think there's a worse HVD in the game. It does damage, sure, but it's like a minigun attached to a ming vase, with no ammo. It fires off its stuff, it hurts/kills some stuff, and then once it's ammo runs out it becomes next to useless, and has low shields too...

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

Eleieetian Cruiser/Human Gunship/Obish Destroyer

------------------

The Warps.

(This message has been edited by Xwarp (edited 05-16-2000).)

I think this topic is going to get very interesting once some plugs get released (wait until you see the absolution class cruiser). But until then my vote goes to the ever speedy, ever confusing Aud. cruiser, or the human HVD.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Possibly the Cantaran Schooner, possibly...

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Aud Cruisers are the ultimate cruiser controlled by the computer. However a human player could do more with a Eleejetomon (that's spelled way wrong but I don't care) cruiser because he can push a ship, say a carrier, away from the other ships and shoot him from out of the range of his weapons.

------------------
Sir! Our shields are dropping!
_What?!?
They're firing! _ says the lieutenant as a torpedo appears on the view screen.
Well, it seams you won't have the last laugh today Therg. Says Captain Fullers voice over the speakers.
Dang.
The torpedo strikes the ship removing it from the sky in a violent explosion.

The biggest obstacles to Aud cruisers being used by human players is that they are only used in multiplay, and then you can change what colour your opponent is, making it simple to pick out the real from the fake. The computer does aud cruisers well, yes, and they screw up with every other kind.

Personally, I'm very suprised at the few people who picked Ele cruisers as their favorate ship... They were like everyone's favorate on the old board.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
fireworks and blown speakers
strobe lights and hurricanes
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

-Radiohead, How to disappear completely (and never be found)

Well Audemedon Cruisers and Elejeetian Cruisers are very similar:

1. They both have a powerful primary weapon that does as much damage as a missile, uses no ammo and no energy, and has terrific range.
  2. They both have a decent beam. The Audemedon beam does serious damage, and the Elejeetian beam paralizes (but does little damage).
  3. However, the Audemedon Cruiser has a holo-projectio that is very distracting and confusing.

This leads to the obvious conclusion : Audemedon cruisers are superior.

-Commodore Ambrose

------------------
That elevator only goes to the basement,
and someone made an awwwful mess down there.

-Grandpa Simpson
After using a porta-potty

Finally, someone who understands. However I must correct you, Ambrose. The Aud and Ele beams do exactly the same damage. The ele cruiser also has the knockback which makes it great for a human player but less useful for the easily confused computer pilots (they don't use it to good effect.) I rate them as equals, since essentially their abilities balance out.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

Personally, put me down for the Ishiman Heavy Cruiser. Why? Well, it's like a scaled down HVD. And why not the Elejeetan or Aud Cruisers, which are superior? Well, that's exactly it, isn't it. I don't judge on raw power. The more powerful races, in my opinion, should be ranged against you, testing your skill, rather than in your hands, upstaging the lesser vessels.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I like the enhanced Heavy Cruiser from level 20

------------------
Well, gao'Tchu, as I see it you have two options here:
a) Retreat and live another day or
πŸ†’ Attack my ships.
I hear that space is awfully cold; you wouldn't like it.

-Commodore Ambrose
Shortly before his victory at the Ga'eitor System

Anything gatori. It takes a pro to wax the fanny of a human gunship with a gatori cruiser.

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

Originally posted by Slug:
**The kind that flies up your ass and blows you up from the inside!:p

Seriously, I like the Sal. Carrier. Period.

You must have one hell of a big ass.

But you'll never read this because you wussed out from the ARES boards so I can call you a moron if I want to.

MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
MORON
and a MORON

πŸ˜›

------------------
Well, gao'Tchu, as I see it you have two options here:
a) Retreat and live another day or
πŸ†’ Attack my ships.
I hear that space is awfully cold; you wouldn't like it.

-Commodore Ambrose
Shortly before his victory at the Ga'eitor System

Ambrose, you arrogant dork. I don't see YOU posting 20 pages of chronicals and the first 2 add on files. Slug was not a moron despite what I once said, and I can't say I blame him for leaving the board. There's been a pretty serious degeneration lately, but I'll probably stay with it becaue I have absolutely nothing better to do than talk to you people about Ares.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here