What would you rather see?

Well, it would appear that I started a few too many chronicals at once. I have about 3 or 4 half finished or finished to the point that they need a little refinement. Problem is, I don't know which one to finish first. So, if you people who've actually read my previous "Mercenaries" chronicals (Long Way and Border Gaurd) could tell me which you'd rather see, I'll finish that one first. So, your choices are:

Unnamed 1: Andrew leads a single ship in a mission to capture a Cantharan Som for 175,000 credits. But will ethics and the complex mythos surrounding the mysterious position of the Som in Cantharan society get the best of him?

Unnamed 2: This is set during the first mission following the departure of Andrew and the death of Paul. Kurt has been sent down to Old London, one of the cities the Cantharans destroyed during the occupation, to see what they were after. He meets up with some survivalists who've been living there since the occupation.

Test Pilots (name may change): Andrew and Paul lead a convoy of UNS ships into the Ishiman demilitarized zone to test a new top secret ship. However, they meet up with some early opposition from the Cantharans. Do the Cantharans know the destination where the ships will be tested is right near a station used to analyze the Boodan virus during the crusades, or do they just want to destroy the prototype?

Begginings: This basically details how the Mercenary company was formed. Some members have not yet joined. This one's done, but after I read over it I've decided that it needs a lot of refining before I put it up (lots of stuff is out of synch with what I've written since)

So, please, cast your ballot for the story you'd most like to see. I'd reccommend you read Long Way at least before you vote, though, so you can have some idea of who these characters are. If you have any other suggestions for possible story ideas, I'm open to those too.

------------------
We woke up one morning and fell a little further down, for sure this is the valley of death.
I open up my wallet, and it is full of blood.
-Godspeed you Black Emporer!, Dead flag blues

My vote goes for #2, so long as you tie the stories together chronologically. I've seen a lot of people just spout stories at random and the result is hideous inconsistencey.

BTW, I'm working on a story of my own, but I made a fatal flaw with my storyline over the past few months: forgetting about the Boodan Virus. Since you have a better feel for the standard Ares universe than I do would you be willing to help?

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Originally posted by Sargatanus:
BTW, I'm working on a story of my own, but I made a fatal flaw with my storyline over the past few months: forgetting about the Boodan Virus. Since you have a better feel for the standard Ares universe than I do would you be willing to help?

Yeah, sure, no problem. I'd love to help. Do you have ICQ or some other way of getting in touch, or will you email me, or what?

thanks for the feedback.

------------------
We woke up one morning and fell a little further down, for sure this is the valley of death.

I don't know why, but I'm starting to find the Cantharans to be pretty kool

------------------
World War 1 was fought with Machine Guns and Cannons.
World War 2 was fought with bombs and missiles.
I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but it will be so terrible that
World War 4 will be fought with stone clubs.

Steven Hawkings,
-A Brief History of Time

Alright, I'm putting up Unnamed 1 later today (I'll have named it by then,) because I just discovered that I had infact finished it before I posted this and it's just been sitting on my hard drive gathering dust. I'm probably going to scrap Begginings because I hate the way I wrote it, and I'm tying Test Pilots (which I've decided is set just before Long Way which is up now) and Unnamed 2 together because they deal with sort of the same thing, but in different ways.

Oh, and don't expect to see Test Pilots any time soon, it's going to end up pretty long... probably more than 20 pages. So it's taking some time to finish.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Newt (edited 06-26-2000).)