Human ship debate area

Ok... Here I go.

Human carriers are bad. The problem is that they're easy to hit and slow to bring their weapons to bear.

Human HVDs: I have never seen one. Tell me what it does.

Human Gunship: One of the better gunships in the game, it is the only one with a turreted secondary weapon. Its magneto pulse is deadly at close range.

Human Cruiser: These ships look like EV corvettes. Anyway, their weapons suck, blah blah yeah sure. BUT the weapon has three times the ammo of its Ishimian counterpart and has only half the damage.

Human Fighter: Don't even mention this thing...

------------------
Visit my Ares Website at
http://themightyRW.h...m/AresPage.html

The link now works. Please visit my site; the more articles and vistor input, the better the site will be.

I'm building it and need
some of Ares community's
input.

"There will be a day on Earth when a great evil will descend. This evil force will be called Ford Motor Company. It will set new standards: Lower than the fiery pit. By losing Volvo, Earth is vulnerable. And then, it will be time to attack."

-Nokis, Salrilian Prophet

You can't just say "Human carriers are bad." They have a fast turning rate and a turret very well designed to defend against small ships. The magneto pulse is a very good weapon. All in all, the Human carrier is the best close or point blank-range combat carrier. Once it brings its full firepower to bear, which takes a quite short time if you are a decent pilot, enemy shields drop very quickly.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Personally, I agree with Cicion. Human Carriers, in skilled hands, can work wonders.

But the Human HVD- Ah. A lovely toy. It's just as fast in hyperspace as the Ishiman version, and mounts heavier forward firepower. The lack of long-range missiles is easily set off by that useful little turret, just great for picking off pesky enemy fighters & cruisers.

Anyone else have something to add?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Human assault transports are the only human ships with missiles.

The human laser turret is the only decent human weapon there is.

------------------
Would you like to ride on your own ass?
-Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand

I love the human HVD. It may not be the most effective one, but it's really cool. I find it holds out really well in long term engagements better, and it's laser confuses the hell out of your opponent (it's hard to tell what you're doing when your screen keeps flashing) it's a great psychological weapon. The faster hyperdrive can be a huge disadvantage for fleet control though, unless you know what you're doing. Anyways, the best human tactic isn't just jump into combat, it's the attack magnet strategy.

The magneto pulse gun is another really good human weapon, I wouldn't say that they're a bad species.

The human carrier doesn't suck, but I never build them in net games. In missions where you start with them, great, but it's a better deal for the 2 gunships.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

Didn't we already go over how much Human Carriers suck? They're just gunships that cost alot more, have moderatly better shields, and some nigh useless fights.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

No, we went over how much a few people thought they sucked and didn't realize their potential. They last a lot longer than gunships and are essential to the human navy.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Cicion, how about this. Be on game ranger once in a while. I'll play you a human on human game. You can build carriers to your little hearts content, and I wont, and we'll see who wins.

------------------
Do you go to the country?
It isn't very far.
There's people there who will hurt you
because of who you are.

-Coffee and TV

Human gunships are two times better then Human carriers. Why you ask, because the carriers cost two times as much as a gunship, are twice as big but don't have twice the shields, the fighters are useless, and they have the same weapons (not including the fighters).

If it was really 2 times as good, then you should always be able to kill 2 human carriers at once.

I don't think you can do that.

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

I wouldn't say they're 2X as good, but they are 2X as practicle. Faster, same weapons, half price. 2 of them is better than the human carrier you could otherwise buy. Willing to take my offer, Cicion?

------------------
No one here needs your kind of redemption.

Whoa Cicion you really don't handle confrontation well. There's just as much chance that you'll be right about carriers as there is that I'll be, just reply to this and we'll see.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
fireworks and blown speakers
strobe lights and hurricanes
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

-Radiohead, How to disappear completely (and never be found)

Once I flew my human gunship into a Cantharian carrier. The laser picked off the missiles, while the magnos made sure no fighter came out alive and destroyed the shields at a phenomonal rate. What does that tell you about the human gunship?

I don't think that there's any debate that the human gunship is mighty. I think that the real question here is wether or not the human carrier is decent/worth building.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

Human gunships do not have magnos (sal ships like assault transport and carrier does have) they are magneto pulses. And it takes two hits from a human lase to destroy a missile (laser damage 15 vs missile shields 30 or so).

But it is true that Cantharan carriers are no match to human gunships, and you can quite easily destroy even an Aud carrier with a single gunship if you know how to fly well and shoot at a distance far enough to avoid that trazer.

About human carriers: if one wants to waste materials, then build a carrier, if you want to do more damage and lose less, then build two gunships instead.
About weapons: the same as everyone knows, except for those fighters (quite useless against auds or sals, but quite good if you are against ishes or cans.
But then it is up to you to deside wether you want those fighters or not, but I still prefer to build two gunships.
But why to debate, people have different strategies and that's it. Well ofcourse it is quite nice to debate, so why not.
After all people's opinions are the best thing to debate about :rolleyes:

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

The thing is, different strageties are fine and all, it's just that 9/10 times if both players are equal, the one who doesn't build a human carrier will win. I have never played against someone who built a human carrier and beat me. The gunships are just much more cost effective. Fighters, bah, unless your Sal or Aud they just add to your losses.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here