Most Powerful Ship Contest

I've decided to hold a contest to see which ship is the most powerful. All you have to do to enter is say which ship you think is most powerful and why so think so. If you can provide any specific specs, that would be really good. I guess it would be okay if you made up your own type of ship, but don't make it especially for this contest (i.e. so powerfu; that it would be completely impossible to build). After a week or two, I will look through all of the entries and judge which one I think is the best. Good luck.

------------------
Make 7up Yours!!!!

Actually the only accurate way to do this would be constant head-to-head testing over the net. Otherwise, if you just take votes, and pick from that without tallying, then the results are going to be biased. Link up with Vegeta on GameRanger and try it out. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do it.

My experience has been in most circumstances the Sal carrier is the toughest, but a detachment of cruisers and gunships could take it out. There's a whole shpiel on this at (url="http://"http://www.Axis.n3.net/")http://www.Axis.n3.net/(/url)

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

I cast my vote for the Cantharan....... GATE SHIP!! MUAHAHAHAHA cough HAHAHAHA cough splutter HAhahaa haa... hack cough gaa-aaaaaak!!!!!!
blearrgh! ugh! splat
drops dead

-Slug (Salrilian Spy, just don't tell anyone!)

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Three things.

First, this isn't really a contest, it's more of a survey or poll.

Second, this "contest" would mean a lot more if it were a "bang for buck" questionare. In other words, what ships are cheapest to build and provide the greatest firepower?

Thrid, this, and other "contests" like it that have been rendered void due to the fact that each ship has set values in terms of firepower. One could theoretically come up with a formula to judge ships buy, and would have definitive results based on real data, instead of the vague opinions of some mish-mash of Ares players.

This post has been edited by Aithon : 04 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

If, by the way, you don't know what I mean by "set values", click and hold down on ship illustrations during mission briefings, and you will see what I'm talking about.

It's impossible to say wich ship is the best, like the salrillian carrier can be taken out in a snap by a destroyer, but the destroyer can be taken out by a well, piloted fighter (it just takes about a year to do so) and so on. You could ask what ships people like and why but really, you arent going to beat an Auedemadon carrier really... With any lone ship.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-

Yes you can. A HVD well piloted can do that easy (I'm pretty sure). An Aud (b)Gateship{/b)...

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

Adzara wrote:
**It's impossible to say wich ship is the best, like the salrillian carrier can be taken out in a snap by a destroyer, but the destroyer can be taken out by a well, piloted fighter (it just takes about a year to do so) and so on. You could ask what ships people like and why but really, you arent going to beat an Auedemadon carrier really... With any lone ship.

Any ship with a range longer than the Trazer beam and with decent turn rates (Sal Gunship, basically any HVD, even some carriers,) can take one out easily. OF course, my favorate ship for this is the Eleejeetan Cruiser (but who doesn't love it?)

------------------
Lewis,
save yourself the pain,
you'll never get there.
-Radiohead, "Lewis (Mistreated.)"

Darkk: Don't you just hate it when those UBB tags don't work? This UBB says that its code is on, but it doesn't look like it.

I'm with you there, Newt. The Eleejeetians sure do know how to make good ships. My only complaint is that we don't get to make any. Grrr...

This post has been edited by Aithon : 04 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Well when hera comes out you could make eleejetian missions. Or something.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-