Plug-in proposal, not announcement

Well, judging by the intrigue the ring discussion has raised, I'm very tempted to make a plug. However, certain aspects would involve solo missions in EVO style. Therefore, I would have to produce a plug-in pack. After completing the proper missions in one part, you would recieve a password for an encrypted file.

One thing that I thought would help if to wait for Ares EVO to be released, so as to have something to build on. Also, If Cicion and/or Darkk wanted in on it, I would wait to see where their plugs went, and build from there. For anyone else who wants in, this is what happens: I make a standard universe (ships, systems, weapons, etc.) with no missions, just a read-me file with the general plot, and the people involved just write their own missions from whatever point of view they want. This unfortunately would lead to either quite a few plug packs, or one gigantic scenario.

For the final mission, I'm looking at an Ares level. If the multiple pack situation were to happen, then the final mission of each pack would give you part of the encryption code for the grand finale.

It's copmlicated yes, but I don't think this has been tried before, and if done right, this could be the best plug for an Ambrosia game for eons to come!

So how's it sound?

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

The biggest problem though, is I'm not sure how to end it. I'm juggling with three ideas so far, but they all seem pretty cliché.

Anyways, Anyone with any well thought out suggestions can E-mail me at either Sargatanus@Hotmail.com or Sargatanus_Denial@Yahoo.com

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

Sounds good to me! If I don't catch you on break I'll e-mail you.

Perhaps it would be better if you were to extrapolate on those ideas.
I'm all for it, but it seems mean to pick on the Salrilians for the ENTIRE game.
Perhaps you should introduce a plot twist, such as the gaitori getting their hands on an obish cloaking device or the salrilians getting their hands on an onas pulse (the elephant gun, as my friends call it) cannon.

-Slug
Silly String is NOT a nasal spray

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Sargantanus, basically, your idea is sound. It's an interesting way to do it though- EVO & Ares. I'm willing to work with you on it, maybe even with graphics too. I'm OK on the 3D graphics front.

See my post on the Ring Attack HQ (It's a long read) for my take on the final mission. I think it would wrap it up very well, not to mention being slightly reminiscent of Star Wars.

Anyway, I'm off to design the fighters Sundered Angel has created for the purposes of this mission. Post your opinions here, and if the idea has to be dismissed come up with a nice excuse and put it in the HQ too.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only