I finally played a net game! YAHOO!!

After months of wondering what it was like, I finally played a net game. I played 5 last night, my record so far, 1 and 4. Here's the whole scoop: For a long time I had Ares on a Performa. Gameranger doesn't work on a performa, and I didn't want to go to all the trouble of creating a game another way, because I knew that we were getting and iMac soon. When we got the iMac, it took the place of the Performa as the "family computer", and the Performa was scheduled to go up into my room. However, we first wanted to wipe the Performa's memory clean. My mom took it to work, and it's been there ever since. I wanted to get Ares on the iMac as well, but I couldn't take it from the Performa. I downloaded it onto the iMac, and used the reg code I had gotten to unlock it. Then, I went on Gameranger. Here is a summary of my first 5 games:

1: We were both Ishiman, playing "Between..." which I was axious to see after hearing so much about it. I built 2 carriers and another HVD, and while a gunship was building I went around to see what was happening elsewhere. I discovered that he already had a large fleet, and I hypered home to aid in its defense. He attacked with his full strength. I held him off for a while, but in the end his forces overwhelmed me.

2: Capture the flagpod. I finally got to see what the Grolk were like. They were ludicrous. A couple of Gaitori gunships could take on the whole force I had. I lost.

3: "Location..." Both Gaitori. I quickly captured my outpost and started churning out engineering pods, which I used to take over all 4 flak drones. He slipped an A. transport through an won.

4: "Between..." Both human. I lost real quick.

5: "Location..." He was Ishiman, I was Gaitori. I built a few gunships and captured the outpost, started building engineer pods, which took over 3 of the drones. Took over another outpost. We each launched an attack on the other. Both of our attack fleets were eliminated. All I had was a carrier. In all of the chaos and confusion onside the central area, I slipped an A. transport through and won.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Audemedon 6th fleet

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Were you play'n Bob?

------------------
I will not salute to a Ares Admiral.

The Warps.

yes the one's on Mtrek.

The first 3 games.

------------------

-Han Solo

Aiee, what are you doing playing Location?

Let me get this off my chest: Never try and take the middle station, it's pointless. Instead, just rush the other player with everything you've got, before he captures his bunker. Usually, he'll have built and ATR, and may be spread out, so 9/10ths of the time, you'll win. Lame, but true.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

What's even more amazing, though, is when someone survives the rush and asks why the hell you slowed down the game with actual fighting when you could be building engineering pods and ATR's!

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

It's sometimes more amusing to let the other player start building pods/atrs, while you build combat ships, and THEN overwhelm him. See what they say about THAT. 😃

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

If you have control of the flak drones on your side, just park your fleet near them. Then when they attack, not only will they be driven off, but also if they try to pilot a transport to your planet, you will have won by the time its slow engines get it there. And by the by, Pax, "Location" is my favorite level because of its wonderful complexity. If you have control of an outpost, it will double your defensive firepower. As I said before, all I had was a carrier and an A. transport. I got the transport through and took the station. And Pax, if you don't try to take the station, there is NO POINT WHATSOEVER in playing this level rather than "Between". I prefer its complexity to straight-out combat.

------------------

-Han Solo

I Agree with Commander Cicion. 🙂

------------------
I will not salute to a Ares Admiral.

The Warps.

yes the one's on Mtrek.