damzels in distress

Hi guys (especially rubber ducky)

I took up playing again and I'm trying to finish Damzels, I finished Manahaara and Saphire but I still load them to get the manaharaa sword.
In damzels I'm supposed to speak to a captured troll kept south of the Royal Guards training ground, but I can't find this troll. I supose it's the Berglun grounds but besides the commander no one's there, I also checked out the other site(Fantrime camp site) but still no clue, also checked further south from city and found toadstools, which is a good sign but no troll.
Can you give me a hint where to find this captured troll ?
Thx

Septemris is the man who trains the Royal Guardsmen. Where does he do this? From there you have to go south. That's about as much of a hint as I can give you. Good luck with your game. ~RD

(For the record, it's Dam sels in Distress)

Rubber Ducky, on Nov 16 2005, 07:18 PM, said:

Septemris is the man who trains the Royal Guardsmen. Where does he do this? From there you have to go south. That's about as much of a hint as I can give you. Good luck with your game. ~RD

(For the record, it's Dam sels in Distress)
View Post

thx, I guess I didn't look good enough around 😄
I made it to the ice cave on my way to Loogor
pfeew
as a knight I have armor 132 & HP 281 but I get hit twice and I'm a gone-er...
don't even have the time to take a filter of healing
running the gauntlet brought me to the land islands with bridges but then I get killed oh so easily.(tried at least 30 times to run the gauntlet)
Should I wait a couple of levels and acquire another zillion XP's and a few meager HP (i guess i need at least 500 to buy timle to drink filters along the way...) or is there another way to fight through this hellish cave ?

I like to have HP of about 400 for my characters before going through. There are only six really nasty creatures in there but anything you meet is capable of doing some serious damage.

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Spoiler hint below . . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

If you're playing with Trinity, remember to bring a gatestone with you because you know you are going to want it for the return trip. 😉 (One of the bottles of Hard cider would work as well.) 😄

Rubber Ducky, on Nov 18 2005, 03:39 PM, said:

I like to have HP of about 400 for my characters before going through. There are only six really nasty creatures in there but anything you meet is capable of doing some serious damage.
If you're playing with Trinity, remember to bring a gatestone with you because you know you are going to want it for the return trip. 😉 (One of the bottles of Hard cider would work as well.) 😄
View Post

thx again,

now I know I can return to the high Garendall caves for a while and slaughter minotaurs and the lot... untill I reach 400 HP, this should take a while I reckon
cu around rd
thx again for the hint but I always carry at least 1 gatestone with me, they have come in really handy already and I think I will need one to get back for once through that cave is definetely enough fun

btw
if you know a better area to acquire a lot of XP quickly, feel free to spoil me, for now the high garendall caves have been the best & easiest + a lot of goodies left by the death knights
I also still have 12 doses of seashell powder left so that could help a bit to

cu

danny

Personally, I like Reefs Island because the Liliths drop lots of good stuff which translates into Vitality potions, Strength potions, etc. The two southern squares of the island have experience levels of 25,400 (SE) and 23,800 (SW). Go back and forth until you're bored and then go somewhere else.

The square with the highest consistent XP is the one just east of Gidolan Keep (32,500) and the nice thing is that the square just to the north has no creatures. Of course you do battle with the Sea Giants, but if they start to get to you, run north and set up your tent as soon as you cross the border.

A much easier area, and good for a change of pace, is the Cyclopes Coast.

One of the things I remember from playing Garendall is that I used to kill the mages just north of Dernath. Could save the game, reload it and there would be plenty of new mages there to kill. Those are probably better for lower levels, though. Also, the goblins near the east border of the learning tree square can give you plenty of experience points when you're not a very seasoned adventurer yet. The game gets somewhat boring on higher levels, so I prefer playing the beginning. Been a while since I played it, though. Going to play it through again if it's updated.

The mind hunter cave is also good if you get to the middle pillar (where the elven bow of destruction is), save reload, kill all six mind hunters, go back save, etc. I use this alot and I'm pretty sure its the best place to train in the demo besides cyclops coast (but you can only get there with the teleport'in plug in).

hello again... 😞
losing that much time gathering stamina was quite a bore so I loaded a cheat... :mad:
okay not fair but saves time finishing the game :rolleyes:
alas I have to say that the 400 stamina didn't do the job... I gradually upgraded my stamina to 5000 (!) <_< and using a lot of filters I barely made it through the icecave (a tiny bit to hard a screen) :mad:

spoiler below skip if you don't want to find out more.. :laugh:

---

----

--
--
--
--

--

after finally meeting loogor I was a bit disappointed that In would have to go through this cave a second time after finding nitwit oops chadzwit
luckily for the gatestones this didn't mean 4 times
I'm of to find this character now and sleeping my way up to 10000 stamina for my second run through the cave
I hope this will get me through in one piece without filters (but I guess I'll still need filters 🆒