Vegeta is the Winner, Atlast!

Yup, believe it or not, I finally won one of my weekly tourneys. Considering that our weekly tourneys were interrupted for 3 weeks, I guess its no surprise turnout was not so hot. But we did manage to hold two rounds.
Well the First Round pitted Admiral Dennis and me against eachother. The first game, which was my selection, was Cantharans on Rock. I managed to win using my latest version of Carrier Centered Combat. The next game, Dennis's choice, was Gaitori on Rock. My two HVDs overwhelmed his gunships, and the match belonged to me, 2-0. Newt faced up against Bob, and Bob managed to defeat Newt playing Humans on Rock. Bob and I faced off in the finals. Game One, Humans on rock, I managed to use the ol' Assault Transport deal, and I won overwhelmingly with only losing one gunship. Bob however was quite a formidable adversary, and when I attempted to use my Carried Centered Combat on him with Cantharans on Rock, he crushed me. We settled on a final round of Ishimans on Rock. It was a close shave, but in the end my recently improved piloting skills paid off, and I won the finals, 2-1.
Keep in mind that if you don't like me winning these tourneys, you'll have to participate in them! 😉 Stay tuned for details on how to register for next week's tourney.

------------------
-Vegeta <axis.n3.net>

What is this Assault Transport trick you speak of? I never build ATRs, but after 2 resounding defeats I feel I must learn.

------------------
Karma police,
Arrest this man.

What is this Assault Transport trick you speak of? I never build ATRs, but after 2 resounding defeats I feel I must learn.

The Assault Transport works in 2 main ways. If you've read the Axis article "Transports- Attack Magnets" you'll understand that building an ATR usually lures an attack. This is one victory you have accomplished- setting up the location of the battle where you want it; and with having all your ships in that location you have the advantage of having all your ships undivided, while your opponent on the attack has to worry about being organized. Secondly, having all your ships following the ATR will ensure they stick close together and will prevent them from being picked off. Also, with your ships following the ATR, your HVD is free to move about, allowing you to flank the enemy fleet and putting your HVD in a nice, safe area where it can get some uncontested shots in. That's the ATR trick I speak of, and some players (such as Blau and Pax) use this tactic often.

------------------
-Vegeta <axis.n3.net>

I am temporarily retiring from the tourney, due to the fact that I am now used to playing in SC3.
Kinda lost my edge :frown:

------------------
We will trade and collect your skulls.

Hey Admiral Darkk, I'd be more than happy to help you get back into fighting-fit for the tourneys, since I am still really new and could do with a sparring partner anyways. You know you really suck when a certain Fett swoops in and blasts your entire army with an HVD only.

Thanx. When can we meet?

------------------
We will trade and collect your skulls.

Darkk: I normally get on around 1 am EST weekdays, though I can show up as early as 10 if needs be. I'm usually busy on weekends, though I can show up earlier on weekdays if needs be. What times are good for you?

------------------
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.