Another question from two jacks

About the warrior class

I was just wondering about the warriors abillity to choose a certan enhancement every two lvl ups and I would like to know what each one does and if I should really only choose one from the others every time a lvlx2 up, or choose a certain one every time a lvl upx2, cause im not so great with desissions. 🙂

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 02 November 2005 - 12:39 AM

When the Swordsman levels up, every other time (until about level 15) he is given a choice of increasing his strength by 1, his vitality by 1, or his stamina (health points) by 5. To answer your question, we need to consider what each does.

When the player's strength gets above 15, the extra points are added to the damage his weapon can do. Let's say the player holds a weapon which can do 30 damage points to a monster. If the player's strength is 25, that same weapon will do 40 points of damage (10 points above the 15 are added to the weapon.) You can buy potions for strength later in the game.

Vitality is a little harder to see because it only affects the player on level ups. If the vitality is over 15 points, an additional amount is added to the stamina on every level up. Vitality can also be purchased but it comes at a point where level ups are fewer and farther between.

Obviously, with more stamina you can last longer in battle. You cannot buy stamina potions.

To many players, strength may be the first choice, but I value stamina and vitality more.

My strategy would be to increase the stamina the first couple of times, then get the vitality up and worry about the strength later in the game.

thanx for the info RD, last question. Wouldnt it be better to get vitality first because its easyer to lvl up at first, and then stamina later because its harde to lvl up? My reasons are based on that vitality lets you gain more stamina on every lvl up.

Two Jacks, on Nov 2 2005, 03:27 PM, said:

thanx for the info RD, last question. Wouldnt it be better to get vitality first because its easyer to lvl up at first, and then stamina later because its harde to lvl up? My reasons are based on that vitality lets you gain more stamina on every lvl up.
View Post

If you had a choice between one stamina or one vitality you would be absolutely correct. However, the choice is between 5 stamina or 1 vitality. I'd take the 5 stamina early on to help in your battles then start building your vitality with an eye to the future.

Ok I see your point! So how many lvls should I use stamina, first 5, first 3, or what? 😉

There comes a point where I have to say, "You decide." I can't play your game for you and there really is no "wrong way" to do it. I can't remember at which level the offer is no longer available, but I think it's somewhere around level 15 to 21. That means you only get to make the choice 7 to 10 times.

Good luck with your game. ~RD

Heres something a little unexpected I have found about 4 potions of vitality and have made the choise once, so should I just boost my stamina now or strength or still go with vitalty to?

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 04 November 2005 - 02:27 PM

Rubber Ducky, on Nov 3 2005, 12:30 AM, said:

There comes a point where I have to say, "You decide."
View Post

🙂

ok ok ill decide to go with stamina now cause I have found about 6 vitality potions, 4 potions of luck, 2-3 dexterity potions, and one potion of strength (yah I know im one lucky ducky!)

But RD in other news i found you in PoG! I was at the archery mini game makeing thousands of gp and saw you trying to block my arrow from hitting the target!!!! And then anothertime I saw you AND your twin brother BOTH trying to block my shot from hitting the target!!! Very suspicious indeed.. <_<

In much other news, It looks like the people from the EV boards are trying to take over the boards in the older ambrosiaw games catagorey! We better look out, ready our weapons and prepare for batter! (or a beer at the new cafe')