Pillars of Garendall

Will they ever let me buy the software?

I have downloaded the demo and have had a lot of fun with it. I cannot save it...ever. So when I start playing it, I am forced to go until I die. I have gone to the point where I killed the aliens in the molespider hole and got the dwarvian bow, which i used to kill the cyclops, got the key, gave it back to the mayor and got the cool headpiece. Once I did that I am trapped. I have no other frontier that I have been able to find. All other places say, "You do not have the license to go beyond this point, order now?" Or some crap like that. I try to go and pay for it, and they say it has not been released. This has been going on for a year. I have been hearing about plug-ins and maps and places I have never seen. Is it that some of you were able to purchase the software before they pulled it off the site? If anyone has a copy they want to sell, legally of course. I would love to buy it from you. I don't care what version, I just want to play it, save it, go to all the places, and conquer the game. I can beat this thing, it's the software developers I can't beat. What a raw deal.

I'm afraid it's not possible to "sell" Pillars of Garendall since it'll only work on the computer it has been registered on (by the user that it has been registered by).

I'm not sure, but if you download the full version demo, there might be something more in there than it is in the "regular" demo. But it's just a guess.

have you tried contacting ambrosia? http://www.ambrosias...upport/intouch/

In my experience, they've usually been very accessible.

I'm pretty sure you can save in the demo. However, due to a bug, there is a trick to saving. You have to create a blank text document first, with the name you want for your saved game and the extension ".pog". Put this in the PoG folder, and then when you need to save in-game, you give the save file the same name as the text file you created. This should let you overwrite the file, and your data will be saved.

Might not be much use for the demo, but I think it's necessary for the full version as well.

Boomstick, on Feb 4 2005, 11:50 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure you can save in the demo. However, due to a bug, there is a trick to saving. You have to create a blank text document first, with the name you want for your saved game and the extension ".pog". Put this in the PoG folder, and then when you need to save in-game, you give the save file the same name as the text file you created. This should let you overwrite the file, and your data will be saved.

Might not be much use for the demo, but I think it's necessary for the full version as well.
View Post

What makes you think that? It's easy to save without doing that, very easy. Just press command-s or select save from the menu.

Seldane, on Feb 7 2005, 09:27 AM, said:

What makes you think that? It's easy to save without doing that, very easy. Just press command-s or select save from the menu.
View Post

Not of he's on OS X.2. This is from the PoG FAQs. It's been common knowledge since May, 2003.

No one's answered one of the original questions...when will the fixed (and registerable) version be out? I mean, I'm not asking Ambrosia to rush through the fixes, but it would be nice if they have an idea on when they'll be done.

Lord Seth, on Feb 8 2005, 08:13 PM, said:

No one's answered one of the original questions...when will the fixed version be out?
View Post

No one answered because no one (who's willing to post) knows. I seriously doubt that anyone on ASW's staff is even able to make an educated guess. As has been stated before, the software was produced by Beenox and not AmbrosiaSW. This makes the task infinitely more difficult as Beenox is unwilling to help. More to the point, when will they be able to start working on the project? See quote below:

David Dunham, on Feb 7 2005, 11:22 AM, said:

We will be working on the update in house shortly.
View Post

Lord Seth, on Feb 8 2005, 08:13 PM, said:

. . . it would be nice if they have an idea on when they'll be done.
View Post

It would be nice, wouldn't it?

Yes, it would indeed be nice.