Application Help

Hey, I just downloaded the PoG demo, but I'm having trouble making it work. In fullscreen mode music plays, but the screen stays black (sometimes there is a spot of bright colors in the upper left corner). I tried changing to mini screen, but the window box now stays white, and sometimes crashes. I have the latest version of the game, and I'm running it on OSX.3.5. Is PoG not compatible with my system or is there something I'm not doing right? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Mickey, Welcome to the boards.

PoG doesn't work with the system you are using BUT the problem is being worked on by AmbrosiaSW. In the meantime, you may be able to play the demo by going into the preferences and chosing "play in Classic environment."

I haven't used OS X yet, so I can't be more specific, but there are members here who I expect will come along and tell you exactly what needs to be done (other than wait for the update.)

I do hope you stick around long enough to see the update released. ~RD

I will most definitely stick around, thanks for the speedy response.

i'm running 10.3.7 and run PoG in classic mode. while the results are a little less than desirable (action is a bit jerky), it will satisfy your fix for a great game until the update comes out. (personally i can't wait!)

How do you tell PoG to run under Classic mode?
I just found out about the all black/all white issue today as well.
Didn't know you could specify what mode to load in.

PS

The PoG Read Me doesn't open either. It opens TextEdit but no text file opens.

megah, on Jan 14 2005, 04:20 PM, said:

i'm running 10.3.7 and run PoG in classic mode. while the results are a little less than desirable (action is a bit jerky), it will satisfy your fix for a great game until the update comes out. (personally i can't wait!)
View Post

This post has been edited by serogers1970 : 02 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

(quote name='serogers1970' date='Feb 3 2005, 03:09 AM')

in finder select the game, select get info from the file menu, in the info window is a box that says "Open in the classic environment". check the box and have fun playing...

(quote name='megah' date='Feb 4 2005, 04:21 PM')
(quote name='serogers1970' date='Feb 3 2005, 03:09 AM')

in finder select the game, select get info from the file menu, in the info window is a box that says "Open in the classic environment". check the box and have fun playing...
(right)View Post(/right)
(/quote)

Cool...never knew that was there!

Thanks!

When will there be a fix? Because none of my Coldstone games are working on OS X on my iBook (12" 800MHz 640MB RAM) and it's annoying when trying to make a game

Kef, on Feb 23 2005, 09:34 AM, said:

When will there be a fix?
View Post

When it's done and tested. There's no better answer than that.

Should've expected this awnser, sorry 🙂

Just pushing up a topic that said in January that the problem is being worked on.

How many people exactly, and how many hours per week, are working on this problem?