DiD trouble

I am having a bit of a problem with DiD. I went to Joyanna after I got the sword reforged and paid here the mushrooms in exchange for information on the eldest sister's whereabouts but now in my quest scroll it says that I need to pay her the 250 mushrooms again and when I go to where Ratznest is supposed to be I find another creature instead that is there in the normal game. There is no way to collect 250 more mushrooms that I am aware of so how do I proceed?

Also in the final chamber, after I defeated the guardian and dropped down to the other level I was unable to use the shield because my character could not get close enought to the toe. I have the Milla'kara shield reforged so am not sure what the problem is.

Thank you to whoever can provide assistance. 🙂

I'm running Mac OSX.

darebak

darebak, on Aug 28 2005, 05:26 PM, said:

I am having a bit of a problem with DiD. I went to Joyanna after I got the sword reforged and paid here the mushrooms in exchange for information on the eldest sister's whereabouts but now in my quest scroll it says that I need to pay her the 250 mushrooms again and when I go to where Ratznest is supposed to be I find another creature instead that is there in the normal game. There is no way to collect 250 more mushrooms that I am aware of so how do I proceed?

Also in the final chamber, after I defeated the guardian and dropped down to the other level I was unable to use the shield because my character could not get close enought to the toe. I have the Milla'kara shield reforged so am not sure what the problem is.

Thank you to whoever can provide assistance. 🙂

I'm running Mac OSX.

darebak
View Post

I am wondering how you got into the Guardian's chamber. If you walk toward the gate you are supposed to get a notice pop up which says you will be transported to a chamber beyond the Guardian. That's the chamber with the toes, and it is by the toes where you would normally meet up with Ratznest. Once you have defeated Ratznest, a few other things happen and you find yourself back in Garendall again. Normally you would have to drop DiD from your active plugins in order to meet the Guardian. You cannot enter the Guardian's chamber twice or the game will freeze or crash. The reason you cannot get close to the toes is because if you put the Milla'kara shield on the giant's toe, the game is over and you can't go back to Garendall again.

It seems to me that somewhere a global did not get set correctly. The only other way this could happen is if you somehow jumped over the "tripline" which bypasses the Guardian's chamber. I'm trying to think of some way around this to salvage your game. If your player is now stuck in the room with the toes, there are some plugins which can transport you back to the game. Game Continuer would probably do that for you. I know PoG Dev Tools will do it. PoG Dev Tools is on the Coldstone Addons page. There is another plugin called Teleportin' which will allow you to get close to the toes if you need to do that. But that blocked access should clear when you have defeated Ratznest and rescued Princess Anne.

I'm also puzzled by the fact that your quest scroll still says you owe the Hag 250 toadstools. This should not be. I will have to go back into the DiD source code to find out how this got messed up. I could easily write a short plugin which would get you 250 toadstools, but that is not addressing the problem of where you jumped off the track. The fact that Ratznest did not show up at the party is related to the Hag still thinking you owe her the toadstools. Do you have an earlier save which you can go back to and play through this again from the point where you got the Blade Diabolus reforged?

Expect another post from me after I've done some research.

Rubber Ducky, on Aug 29 2005, 02:24 AM, said:

I'm also puzzled by the fact that your quest scroll still says you owe the Hag 250 toadstools. This should not be. I will have to go back into the DiD source code to find out how this got messed up. I could easily write a short plugin which would get you 250 toadstools, but that is not addressing the problem of where you jumped off the track. The fact that Ratznest did not show up at the party is related to the Hag still thinking you owe her the toadstools. Do you have an earlier save which you can go back to and play through this again from the point where you got the Blade Diabolus reforged?

Expect another post from me after I've done some research.
View Post

The only save that I have is the one with which I am now playing. Fortunately, I did not save in the Guardians chamber, but before I entered through the gate, so the game is still playable.

Would it help if I emailed you a stuffed copy of my game? If so, I can easily do that.

Thanks again for the assistance.

darebak, on Aug 30 2005, 04:35 PM, said:

Would it help if I emailed you a stuffed copy of my game? If so, I can easily do that.
View Post

Please do. It will help me sort out what went wrong. Send it to: rduck at optonline.net, but you have to eliminate the spaces in the address and replace "at" with the proper sign. Make sure the subject line mentions PoG or DiD so it doesn't look like spam.

Was wondering if anything has come up with the game I sent you. Is there any way to complete DiD as it currently stands?

Other than this, I have never experienced any problems with PoG or DiD and find them both to be great. Thanks 🙂

RD, I'm having a bunch of problems all of a sudden too. Since I installed Tiger, the game doesn't run correctly under classic. I'm not sure why that affects it but it does. I just happened to be at that same point where I was supposed to pay the old hag the final 250 mushrooms but she won't talk to me. I cleared the entire screen of villans but it still didn't work. So I started a new swordsman with just the Trinity plug. It goes for a while and all of a sudden quits and you cannot reload that character anymore. I think it must be something Tiger did because I can still play PoG on my other computer with QS 10.2.8 and I don't have any problems. Also, I never had any problems with DiD before. These problems might be beyound that.

PoG and Coldstone (which was used to make it) do not work under OS 10.4. Whether of not they run properly in Classic mode on a 10.4 machine is something I do not know.

To darebak: I've received your email, but just haven't had the time to work with your games yet. The last 3 or 4 days have been very busy for me. I'm sorry, but I may not be able to do much before Wednesday because of family affairs over the holiday weekend.

I don't have the problems you two are experiencing because my machine is still back in the dark ages with OS 9.2. I wish I had a ready answer to what's happening but I don't know at this time.

I do appreciate your reporting what's going wrong because perhaps we'll be able to find a solution with enough input from players like yourselves.

To darebak:

I took the Swordsman you sent me up into Wyrm Valley and found that there were several squares only partly explored and some squares which had not been entered. After a short tour, I had collected 111 toadstools. Going from there to Berglum and up into the Northern Territories, I found another 47 toadstools. I'm still 92 short of what the Hag demands as payment, but I didn't visit all the spots where toadstools grow. Perhaps there are enough still to be found. If you really paid the Hag 100 toadstools the first time and 250 after the sword was reforged, there should be about 158 left over.

I'll have to take your word for the fact that the Hag stole your mushrooms although I do not see how that could happen. I'm sending you a short plugin (by email) which will put 250 toadstools in your inventory. When I used this with your game, I went to see the Hag again and everything played out as it should.

I have no idea what Tiger did to your game or my plugin, but I sincerely hope this solves the problem for you.

~RD

I can't even find DiD anymore, and i ust recently redownloaded PoG, does anyone know where i can find it

i am a retard, sorry nevermind

This post has been edited by M0ng00se_ona_Guitar : 24 September 2005 - 09:40 AM

Rubber Ducky, on Sep 10 2005, 04:22 PM, said:

I'll have to take your word for the fact that the Hag stole your mushrooms although I do not see how that could happen. I'm sending you a short plugin (by email) which will put 250 toadstools in your inventory. When I used this with your game, I went to see the Hag again and everything played out as it should.

I have no idea what Tiger did to your game or my plugin, but I sincerely hope this solves the problem for you.

~RD
View Post

RD,

I think I may have deleted the plugin you sent me by mistake. I was out of town for about 3 1/2 weeks and likely deleted the plugin accidentally while clearing out junk mail. If you still have it around and wouldn't mind sending it to me that would be great. My email is doverall@lycos.com

Also, I am not running Tiger so I don't think that had anything to do with the problem. Your help has been much appreciated. 🙂 🙂

Resent. 🙂