Landing Fee Problem

Greetings.

In the plug-in I'm creating, I've set a couple of locations to request a landing fee if the player decides to dock there. It works fine in game, so no issues there.

But whenever I save and close the plug-in - and open it again through EVNEW, the landing fee on those locations is set back to zero.

Is it supposed to act like that? Because whenever I want to continue working on the plug-in I must set the landing fees to the value I want once more.

Nonetheless, I don't mind going through this minor issue, as long as when the plug-in is ready and shared online can work properly. There are some mentions of the landing fee in game, so having those disappear suddenly makes things look strange.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: In an attempt to clarify: Saving the plug-in and playing the game regularly does not cause any issue. Only whenever I re-open the plug-in through EVNEW, the values are put back to zero.

This post has been edited by Rebel Klaudyo : 16 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

I'm not sure how to fix that, but in theory couldn't you set the landing fees in a seperate file so once they're done, you don't have to keep fixing them since you can leave the file alone?

EDIT: Wait, no, that wouldn't work since you'd probably have to duplicate all the relevant spobs, which strikes me as just asking for something to go wrong somewhere...

This post has been edited by Thexare : 20 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

It sounds like EVNEW's opening routine is the problem. Things like this are easy to miss, and my understanding is that EVNEW's internal model is one where they can do more damage than in some of the alternatives.

If you re-open the plug-in and save it again without ever opening the specific spöb resources, do they still get reset?

Thanks for the feedback, Thexare and David Arthur.

@David Arthur: I've just tried that, opened the plug-in and saved it without opening the specific spöbs, and then launched the game. The issue still persists, for the locations do not ask a landing fee. I must set them to do so again.

Whenever I intend on working on this plug-in, putting those landing fees back to the value I want is one of the first things I do. It's almost a habit now.

On the bright side, when the plug-in is ready, it can work properly after being saved, as long as I don't open it through EVNew again.

@rebel-klaudyo, on 21 April 2011 - 03:07 AM, said in Landing Fee Problem:

I've just tried that, opened the plug-in and saved it without opening the specific spöbs, and then launched the game. The issue still persists, for the locations do not ask a landing fee. I must set them to do so again.

That’s what I was afraid of. I believe EVNEW parses every resource when you open the file, and then re-generates them all when you save, meaning that anything it loads incorrectly or doesn’t understand is lost. That’s one of the reasons why, in MissionComputer, I only parse individual resources when you actually open them in the editor. I assume you’ve made sure you have the latest version of EVNEW available?

The version I have - I accessed it through the wiki, if my mind serves me right.

It says

Version of the file: 1.0.4.0
Name of the Product: EVNEW
Version of Product: 1.0.0.0

Not entirely sure if that's the latest version, though. I've looked around the interwebs but did not find more information about it.

If I do save the plug-in how I want it to be and then launch the game, everything works fine.

Right, so we know that the problem occurs when loading the file, rather than when saving.

As far as I know, EVNEW 1.0.4 is the latest version.