how to import Images to PICTs?

what file type?

Ok, So I'm running vista, and using EVNEW. I am extremely new to makeing plugs for EVN, and I am trying to figure it out. atm I just want to make a super-basic plug to get one success under my belt, and have only run into one roadblock so far. importing an image into the PICT for a weapon I'm making. I have an image, (200 x 200) and I have tried using .jpeg, .gif, .tif, .png, and .bmp. it says "import failed"

I'm sure its something obvious, could someone point that out to me?

PICT is a Mac-origin image file format. I believe the windows extension is .pic, so try to save your image in that format. GIMP doesn't appear to have it as a save-option, so I'm not sure where to point you for that - Photo shop should have it as an option if you've got access to that. There also might be some kind of file-converter akin to Graphic Converter for the Mac that can save to the format.

@meaker-vi, on 07 March 2011 - 11:06 AM, said in how to import Images to PICTs?:

PICT is a Mac-origin image file format. I believe the windows extension is .pic, so try to save your image in that format. GIMP doesn't appear to have it as a save-option, so I'm not sure where to point you for that - Photo shop should have it as an option if you've got access to that. There also might be some kind of file-converter akin to Graphic Converter for the Mac that can save to the format.

thanks, I'll see what I can do with that. How do people normally put in images for new weapons/outfits?

does anyone know where I can find a converter that will convert TO .pic? everything will convert from .pic to popular file types, but to .pic. halp p10x

edit: found one

This post has been edited by Nnimrod : 07 March 2011 - 08:58 PM