Comprehensive list of known bugs in EV Nova

I am in the same gallery as DarthKev and Guy. Is this behavior repeatable Spartan?

Here is another collection of bugs I’ve found:

First the worst: something is seriously off with the Initial Record fields of the chär resource. I’m not sure exactly what the problem is, but sometimes the player’s legal status at the outset is not what the chär sets it to. I’ll have to investigate further, but it has been acting very strange for me.

Next, a përs ship will not offer a mission whose DST or RST is in the current system. They are perfectly happy to offer a mission whose destination is one jump away, but not in the current system.

They are, however, perfectly happy to offer a mission with no destination at all, or even one with a return stellar of “Where to mission originally started” which results in <RST> and <RSY> reading “(Error)”.

You can work around the former by taking advantage of the latter, making the mission that the përs offers (say 128) have OnAccept S129 A128, where 129 is the mission with the destination in the current system.

Also, if a mission’s OnAccept field aborts itself and then starts another mission (so A128 S129) then instead of displaying the briefing of the second mission and then the briefing of the first mission, it shows the briefing of the second mission and then the briefing of the second mission again.

Finally, while this may not exactly be a bug, it is still a tad annoying, a përs ship offering a mission will judge whether to do so by the player’s legal status in the current system, not by the player’s legal status with the përs’s government. I believe even missions offered on planets go by the player’s record in the system (not the player’s record with the planet’s government) so this is presumably expected, just annoying.

This post has been edited by Qaanol : 12 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

AI ships will launch carried fighters when cloaked, even if the fighter bay is not flagged to fire while cloaked.