Demo boundaries?

How far can you go?

It's been a long time since I had my demo version and I think I probably registered before I had probed the limits of the demo. These questions are for those who are stuck with the demo version until the update opens registration again.

Can the player go any farther north from the Learning Tree?
How far east from the Learning tree can one go?
Can the player get to Dernath?
Can the player find the Cyclopes camp NE of Dernath?
Can the player go any farther south from Septemris's training grounds below Fantrima?
Can the player get to the thieves who stole the book from Emilius?
Can the player get to Morgo's termite farm just west of the training grounds?
Can one go west from the Goblin forest where Moon's son Manko was held captive?

Our plugin writers need to know their limits. Thanks for your help. ~RD

Rubber Ducky, on May 29 2005, 09:47 AM, said:

Can the player go any farther south from Septemris's training grounds below Fantrima?

I'm going from memory on this, but I know these for a fact, since I've done it before I registered. That said, I'm sure that the player can get farther north than the Learning Tree (the boundary is the square just south of Gwyden Camp. You can get to this square, but not into the Camp).

You can also go at least one square south of the training ground, both small northern bit with the river and the larger bit across the river.

You can also get to Book back and fight the thieves.

I am not certain on this, but I do not think that you can get to either Dernath or the Cyclopes camp if you have not registered.

Lit Nerd

Rubber Ducky, on May 29 2005, 01:47 PM, said:

It's been a long time since I had my demo version and I think I probably registered before I had probed the limits of the demo. These questions are for those who are stuck with the demo version until the update opens registration again.

View Post

if you remove the file named "Garendall License" from the Preferences folder in the System(9) folder, you can play the unregistered version.

megah, on May 30 2005, 04:05 PM, said:

if you remove the file named "Garendall License" from the Preferences folder in the System(9) folder, you can play the unregistered version.
View Post

Hah! Neat trick! Just remember to put it back again. 😄

Actually, I wonder how the unregistered game's boundaries work. Most likely, it's a global event call placed on each outer square. Anyway, I'm certain that you can get at least two squares North of the Learning Tree, and at least a couple of squares to the East. You can get a small number of squares South of the Knighthood House, and I think you can get one or two squares West of the Goblin Forest map. Helpful?