Gack choices

I am just wondering whether there is one particular item that Gack offers a Swordsman that is more advantageous than the others. The only thing I have been able to come up with to do with a certain spell is to sell it. Is there anything else one can do with it? Any answers would be appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚

A Swordsman cannot cast spells. But as you suggested it can be sold and, as a very valuable spell, it commands a pretty good price. Blade Courage is a quite unique item with some unpredictable magic built into it. The necklace (is it Paladin?) gradually restores health as I recall.

If you are at a place where you can save, I suggest trying out each choice for a while and see which one you like best. You have to give the sword some time to know what it can do. Listen for a sound like that of going through a portal and check your stats when you hear it. The effect is only temporary and is random in whatever happens, but there are some nice surprises.

I really don't want to make the choice for you. "Test drive" each if you are able.

RD,

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I like to take the money and run so to speak.

darebak

I hope this isn't considered gravedigging; it's on the first page.

I took the sword, and it's extremely powerful, but there's a catchย—you need a strength of 45 to use it. :blink: I'd have to sell the damn thing several times over to afford the strength potions. I would take the necklace if I were you.

No it's not gravedigging; it's not even a month old yet, and we're much more lenient than that.

You're going to need that strength sooner or later to progress in the game and several plugins. I don't like to meet Sea Giants with strength less than 125. If it takes too long to drop them, they have a much better chance of dropping you instead.

It's not just the power of the Blade Courage but the magical qualities it has that make it so desirable. There's a periodic temporary boost to stamina of 200 points plus a random temporary increase of 30 to various other stats. In addition, every once in a while it will render damage to every hostile creature within range. You've got to use it to appreciate its value.

Go to Reefs Island or the Cyclops Coast to earn the necessary gold and become a good customer of Kalixa's. ๐Ÿ™‚

Speaking of plug-ins, when does Damsels in Distress start? I deactivated it at game start so that I could kill the goblins, but I haven't heard anything about it in-game.

geek#1, on Jan 9 2005, 01:16 AM, said:

Speaking of plug-ins, when does Damsels in Distress start? I deactivated it at game start so that I could kill the goblins, but I haven't heard anything about it in-game.
View Post

DiD can start any time you want it to. If you are level 5 or more you won't even notice the difference in the Goblins. (I admit I made an error in making new goblins a tad stronger than the original, and the plugin replaces the game's goblins with the new ones wherever goblins live.)

If you've reached level 5, click on Damsels in your plugin list at the start of the play and then go find a man walking around just south of the Ookwasp Inn in Fantrima. Follow the prompts from there. ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT: There are some Goblins with special talents which appear later in the story. These are distant cousins of the regular ones, and have some nasty habits. Don't let them confuse you.