Teleportin'

New plug-in for plug-in developers

Howdy, all. I threw together a plug-in called Teleportin'. While it has little use in the game, it should be useful for plug-in developers, because it allows the user to teleport one space in any direction. This makes it easier to gain access to "restricted areas" which the plug-in maker might need to move into; also, once a blocked tile has been teleported on to, it becomes unblocked, so the plug-in maker can carve the path he needs and get the coordinates for later use.

I just figured this would be easier than guessing coordinates using a teleport spell. Hopefully someone will find a use for it.

Anyways, I submitted the plug-in, but it hasn't been uploaded yet, so I guess this post is simply to inform you of its existence. Oh well.

Hi Boomstick. While news of plugins which can be used to further the game are most welcome here, a plugin for developers belongs rightfully on the Coldstone forum, since it is that application which would be used to develop new plugins.

Unfortunately, I believe you have just re-invented the wheel. Stark Bledfast's PoG Developer Tools has been around for just about two years now and does exactly what you claim as the benefits of Teleportin'. Plus, PoG Dev Tools will also transport to any map above or below ground.

I will check out Teleportin' for you, and if there is anything new or different from what already exists, I will see about getting your plugin uploaded to the Coldstone Addons page.

Edit: One problem for developers is that there is only the capability of moving north, east, south, or west. There is no provision for moving in the other four compass directions (i.e. northeast, etc.) Therefore, this adds no new tool to the developers kitbag. However, it is a "cheat" plugin for the player who wants to wade across rivers, take a walk in the woods, climb over a wall or fence, etc. On that basis, I've uploaded it to the PoG Addons page.

For those of you who are bored with your game, here's a new cheat which will let you explore areas you could never get to before.

Whoops!

Hmm, guess I forgot about those Dev Tools. Oh, well.