A couple of questions

Dumb ones

I'm starting a new plug. I did not learn my lesson from doing the first one.

1. Is just setting b148 alone enough to change everything to post Rebel storyline, or is more necessary? I'm trying to avoid having the player go through the entire rebel story again.

2. In the special ships section of a mïsn resource, if I select ship action to attack enemy spöb, do the special düde ships attack a spob that is the enemy of the player or the enemy of the düde?

3. (ok I thought of one more than 2) When does auto abort abort? Upon take off?

Thanks.

Edit:
Looking at the "Buying Ships" poll below, I thought of another one, so...

4. What upgrades on a ship are not recognized and utilized by the AI ships, or, to put it another way, what upgrades have to be added to the AI ships in the düde resource?

This post has been edited by TonyR : 20 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

1. Nope. At the very lest, you'll need to change appropriate mission bits to stop you from taking any of the regular rebel missions. Beyond that, anything that changes mid-story will need tending to. Examples: planet descriptions, access to ships, outfits, honors granted.

2. Haven't ever used this myself, but I assume it would be enemy of the dude.

3. Yes

4. They might recognize cloaks, but beyond that I can't think of anything else.

QUOTE (n64mon @ Oct 21 2009, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. They might recognize cloaks, but beyond that I can't think of anything else.

They don't recognize cloaks you have to set some flags in the ship resource for them to use it. Basically the only things they recognize are weapons armor,shield,speed,turning, and acceleration enhancements; maybe marines I'm not sure about that one

From the FAQ thread:

QUOTE (Guy @ Oct 16 2005, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Q: Are there any outfits you can put on a ship that the AI will recognise?

A: Yes, although the bible says that the AI will ignore default items there are actually some they will use:
Cloaking device
Cloak scanner (Requires "reveal cloaked ships on the screen" - other flags have no effect. Can only spot cloaked ships if they are nearby.)*
Mining scoop
Jamming
Fast jumping
Repair system

• Thanks to Archon for clarification of details

This post has been edited by Desprez : 21 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

Thanks.

Apparently, on #2, the special ships attack enemy spob of the player.

This post has been edited by TonyR : 21 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (TonyR @ Oct 21 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.

Apparently, on #2, the special ships attack enemy spob of the player.

This is not the behavior I have seen. Can you explain exactly what you mean by this?

I ran a test mission and set a group of pirates to attack a station. I had set the govt resources so that the pirates and the station govts were enemies. The pirates attacked me and not the station. I held back away from the station and waited, but none of the pirates attacked the station. So, I assumed that, since the special ships do not attack the spob that is the enemy of the special ships, they must attack the spob that is the enemy of the player.

Edit:

I changed the misn a bit and reduced the number of pirates so I could see better, and I got further away from the spob. They did attack the spob and left me alone. I was in error. 😮

Thanks for your very helpful input.

This post has been edited by TonyR : 22 October 2009 - 10:21 AM