Storylines

How to make one?

Hey, I'm wanting to make a new plug-in with an incredibly difficult storyline (there's a possibility even Arpia commanders may have a hard time with it, but it might only be as hard as the Alien invasion, maybe even a little harder), but I don't know how to make a storyline.
I mean, obviously a storyline is a series of missions back to back, but I know nothing about mission bits, or whatever you use to make them appear back to back.
So, can anyone explain how I would go about making a storyline, or at least reference something that's already explained it?
Also, how could I make new systems and stellars and the like?
Thanks in advance!

Try here
Zacha Pedro's guides are great. The FAQ's pages are a great resource, too. It's how I learned to write my first storyline/plugin (Rebel Yell). I'm still learning and have a long way to go.

The EV Nova Bible and Mission Computer help have the info you need for making systems (sÿsts), planets(spöbs), and anything else.

Have fun.

This post has been edited by TonyR : 18 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Thank you very much. I actually just downloaded the EVN Bible today, and updated my version of MissionComputer, so as soon as I check out ZP's guides, I'll be set. Thank you very much.

I would take the time to outline your mission sequence on paper like a flowchart and work out which bit ranges you want to use. It can be extremely helpful once you actually start programming.

Yeah, I was just thinking that I would put in the missions and add the bits in later, but then I thought that'd be more work than necessary. I never actually thought of doing this, so I'll start with that. Thank you! 😄