Life After Potion For Fayleese?

I've returned the potion to Fayleese from Rock Island. He has nothing further to tell me, so I looked at various "Rumors" from the tower and have gone to various places but I'm not getting any information. Been in Berglum, Learning Tree, Fantrima, Tower and back to Fayleese. Can't go to Guild as I traded Warfare for Moxi... I've travelled around the south coast and a screen came up stating my Conjurer sees a dark (something) in the distance and that's it. I've bumped up and down the coast - getting a little black and blue.... 😞

EMT, on Nov 30 2004, 02:27 PM, said:

I traded Warfare for Moxi...

I hope you traded it for the spell of Moki. Moxi (or more commonly, moxie) is something else again. 🙂

I've travelled around the south coast and a screen came up stating my Conjurer sees a dark (something) in the distance and that's it.

That is worth checking out. I'm not going to tell you how to do it though. 😛

If you're looking for a challenge, start a new character (Ranger, or Swordsman) with several quest plugins active at once and try to keep all the threads straight. I'm sure you'll find new things about the game you didn't know before.

Moxie, Moki, it's all in the family... 😄 I can go back to the guild, Warfare hasn't anything to do with that....hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Just so you know. . . Moki is a nickname used by Andrew Welch, el Presidente, Ambrosia Software, Inc. Thus, the all-powerful spell.

If you want to see some fun, after you've beaten all the creatues in the arena in the Swordsman's Guild, hang around long enough for the WoW spell to wear off. 😄

Well Hey Moki! Cool!

If I start the swordsman in WoW, do I have to play Garendall all over again? I'm not real sure I can get through that for the thousandth time.

One thing, is there really anthing beyond bringing Fayleese his potion? I can't find anything or anyone to speak with. I went back down to the south coast and wandered up and down and I can't even get that little screen to pop up again about that dark something in the distance?? It's a little old.... 😞

EMT, on Nov 30 2004, 09:53 PM, said:

. . . is there really anthing beyond bringing Fayleese his potion?
View Post

I guess the answer really is - - waiting for the next plugin to be released. Which probably means also waiting for the Coldstone / Pog updates to happen. Those who I know have plugins in development are holding back to see what happens to the game and the software that makes it. I wish I had a better answer than that.

Ya know what would really be cool? If someone could create a plug in that you did not have to play the original in order to capture certain things to carry out this new quest. I'm still hoping there will be a Pillars II. I'm still a really big fan, but just can't play it over and over. I played it this time because I've been away from it for a while, but I wouldn't want to do it regularly.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
🙂

You can, of course, replay any of the plugins with the same character as many times as you want without starting a new character each time. Let's say you wanted to replay Spells Expander over again. Open your saved game, and on the screen where it asks which plugins to choose, uncheck SE. You'll get an alert asking if you want to continue without SE. Click OK. Now you have your character with all the strength, stamina, etc. which you worked so hard for intact but any special wapons unique to SE will be gone. The locations introduced by SE are no longer there, and so on. PoG maps will show areas which were expanded because the map "remembers" but access will be blocked as before. Save and quit. Now re-open this character and check SE. It's as if you're playing this plugin for the first time.

I have saved characters in each class who have been through all the plugins many times without starting a new game. They're level 27 or 28 and are filthy rich and very strong. But the plugin is a fresh start.

The only thing you can't do is take a Conjurer, for instance, and uncheck Trinity. He will revert to being a Swordsman and cannot change back when re-installing Trinity.