Nova quits after completing mission

Is bad cron to blame?

I'm making a plugin that simply adds one mission string to the game. Everything was going well until I tried to make a cron. For the storyline the player needs to have 200000 credits deducted daily. Giving them a rank that does this is easy enough but I want the rank to go away after 31 days. So I figured I'd make a mission grant the player the rank, and then have a cron that took away the rank when it expired after 31 days. The mission would also set b6308, which I was planning to use to trigger the cron to start.

However, since making the cron Nova quits out every time I finish the last mission. A soon as I hit the ok button at the end of the complete text the game dissapears. I can only assume that the cron is causing the game to quit when it's activated or that the mission complete NCB is making it happen. I've uploaded a screenshot of the cron, as seen in Mission Computer. If you need to see the whole plugin to help I can upload that too. Thank you for your help.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by huffysama : 11 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hmm. Well, if you have a desc in the mission that's more than 8192 characters long (doubtful) Nova will crash, and if the cron's ID is greater than 383 nothing will happen, I imagine it might have something to do with the rank. A copy of the plug-in in question would be helpful, so we can make tests on our computers and make a more in-depth analysis of the problem.

I also notice that you've got the rank set incorrectly; L160 needs to be in the "on start" field and !L160 needs to be in the "on end" field. This is assuming you want the rank to take 200,000 credits away from the player daily instead of having a 31 day prelude to 200,000 credit a day deductions until hell freezes over. 😉

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 11 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Aug 11 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm. Well, if you have a desc in the mission that's more than 8192 characters long (doubtful) Nova will crash, and if the cron's ID is greater than 383 nothing will happen, I imagine it might have something to do with the rank. A copy of the plug-in in question would be helpful, so we can make tests on our computers and make a more in-depth analysis of the problem.

I also notice that you've got the rank set incorrectly; L160 needs to be in the "on start" field and !L160 needs to be in the "on end" field. This is assuming you want the rank to take 200,000 credits away from the player daily instead of having a 31 day prelude to 200,000 credit a day deductions until hell freezes over. 😉

The ID could be an issue since I have it set to 400, I'll try changing that. Also, the mission before the cron sets the rank with K160, I want the cron to get rid of it (L160) when it's finished. Thanks for your help!

Ok, turns out it wasn't the cron. I also put in a system change at the end of the mission and the custom graphic I tried to use wasn't working. Thanks for the help though!

Log in to reply