Ian's Plugin Questions Thread

Hahaha, nice to know I've got people stoked for this. I'm starting off with LEGO Digital Designer, for three reasons:

1. It's super-easy and super-fast to get the pieces where I want them.
2. The screenshots have transparent backgrounds, which is nice.
3. I can put models up for sale on LEGO Factory!

I'll start a new thread shortly and keep this one around for any other projects I need help on. With any luck, it should be a relatively short and relatively easy path towards something playable!

I like the lego TC idea i have tried and failed to do it in the past. the computer based lego editor is lacking in many many pieces. the only really good way of getting the models would be to model the the way people model normal ships or scan real lego ships.

Might I inquire as to the reason why my topic was closed?

Am I only supposed to have one topic? Did you guys get a C&D from The LEGO Company? Did things just get too off-topic? Do the mods think I'm not serious about making a LEGO plugin? (Because I am serious about it, just for the record.)

And just so this post isn't completely off-topic itself, can stellars use Fighter Bays as weapons?

QUOTE (Ianator @ Apr 16 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And just so this post isn't completely off-topic itself, can stellars use Fighter Bays as weapons?

No. There's a slight possibility that a weapon can submunition into a fighter, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't work.

I was wondering the same thing about the LEGION topic, but this is probably not the best place to ask about it. If nothing else, you're not as likely to get a moderator to stumble across it here as you would if you made it its own topic. And while usually people frown on "why was my thread closed?" threads, I think in this case it would be justified due to the questions you raised.

I'm not sure who locked the topic, or why. It was still active, and in the unlikely of a cease-and-desist order, merely locking the topic probably wouldn't be considered sufficient.

It's very unusual for a topic to be locked without explanation, which leads me to think it may have been an accident or a software error. For the moment, therefore, I'm re-opening it.