New Programmer

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Mar 23 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The books weren't the original form of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy – it was from the original radio series that everything else flowed. (snip)

True, but having been recently given a DVD with the radio broadcasts, I still like the books best. I didn't feel like the movie was really even all that true to the radio play, either. Then again, I teach English, and I'm a bookworm. I don't think I can recall any movies off the top of my head that I felt were as good as the books or any other literature they were based on. I was extremely disappointed with Prince Caspian , and while I thought the LOTR trilogy did a fair job with what they cut out and modified simply for time's sake more than anything else, I still miss some of the grittiness of some of the more philosophical conversations that had to get removed.

QUOTE (krugeruwsp @ Mar 24 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but having been recently given a DVD with the radio broadcasts, I still like the books best. I didn't feel like the movie was really even all that true to the radio play, either.

The point is that Douglas Adams purposely did things differently every time; he didn't want each version to be just a re-hash of what had come before.

And yes, the Prince Caspian movie was utter garbage, and a great disappointment after what they achieved with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Quite frankly I wasn't surprised that Disney pulled out of the series.

QUOTE (Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox @ Mar 17 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I use the Nova Bible as a reference for these bits?

Print a hard copy, making sure to include a page break between each section. Use a 3-hole punch and put all the pages in a binder. Insert dividers labeled with the section names, which are usually resource types. Make the font size as small as you're comfortable reading, but print single-sided. You want to be able to view adjacent pages simultaneously. If it helps save paper and doesn't obstruct the flow, you could use multiple columns per page.