Help

I might be a complete idiot but is there anyway to get around this error

Error: 4-byte header of file "C:\Users\Dominik\Desktop\GUNS_M_PV_AR.rez" did not match 0x42524752 ("BRGR").

With what program comes that error message, an editor or the game? That's not my editor; Mine is "Header doesn't match BRGR: " + bytesToString(buffer4) + " (" + bytesToHex(buffer4) + ')');

This indicates that the file is not correctly identifying itself. How did you acquire the file? Did it work before? If so, have you done a hard reset of your computer? Else, have you tried downloading it again?

I'm not a programmer, but I'd have to take a guess that the .rez file is corrupted or was improperly converted. Did you try to write this plug yourself or did you download it?

The first four characters of a .rez file are always 'BRGR', in honour of the port’s original developer, burgerbill. The error message (is it from EVNEW?) is indicating that this file’s name does not begin with those characters, and therefore unless the error message is itself incorrect, the file is invalid. As Nonconventionally Creative says, we need to know how you got/produced this file to tell you more.

@david-arthur, on Jan 19 2009, 12:35 PM, said in Help:

The first four characters of a .rez file are always 'BRGR', in honour of the port’s original developer, burgerbill. The error message (is it from EVNEW?) is indicating that this file’s name does not begin with those characters, and therefore unless the error message is itself incorrect, the file is invalid. As Nonconventionally Creative says, we need to know how you got/produced this file to tell you more.

its a file from a different game and wanted to see if it would open with EVNEW, Game is Combat Arms by nexon

Well, in that case, I'd think you have a very successful failure on your hands. You're not going to be able to open any other kinds of game files either with Nova or any of the resource editors regardless of whether or not they have the same file extension. Sorry.

@krugeruwsp, on Jan 19 2009, 03:07 PM, said in Help:

Well, in that case, I'd think you have a very successful failure on your hands. You're not going to be able to open any other kinds of game files either with Nova or any of the resource editors regardless of whether or not they have the same file extension. Sorry.

Dam k well i tried

The .rez format is pretty much specific to EV Nova ; EVNEW is unlikely to be able to open anything else, even if it uses the same file-name extension. The Macintosh version stores its data in standard resources, so programmes like ResEdit (which itself is in no way EV-specific) and MissionComputer can open the data files used by many (usually older) programmes including games, though they may lack the editors needed for those programmes’ proprietary resources.

@domination, on Jan 19 2009, 08:10 PM, said in Help:

its a file from a different game and wanted to see if it would open with EVNEW, Game is Combat Arms by nexon

You have brought great mirth to my heart.

To be fair, it must be mentioned that (copyright issues aside) it is possible to import still images from it, or even, if you have the control, 3D models, even as a ship.

The degree of "realism" depends on what your method of extract the data is.