[ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Now Available

@godzfire, on Jun 8 2008, 01:38 AM, said in [ANN] SpacePort 1.2 Now Available:

I'm really sorry but I still have no idea what the heck I am supposed to be doing here. All I'm asking is if someone might be able to convert that Up With The UE plug to Nova, if it's not too much trouble. Me and anything program-related is like oil and water.

Ultimately, anything like SpacePort is going to be a developer tool, not a simple drag-and-drop utility; the difference between the formats is too great for a fully automated conversion to be practical.

Incidentally, converting Reign of the UE verbatim (even after updating it for 1.0.2) is a Bad Idea. Reign of the UE was rife with bugs and things that just didn't work (don't get me started on that UE Dreadnaught). While it worked passably in EVO, I cannot make any guarantees regarding how SpacePort will handle it, but I'd wager a guess that the result will not be pretty. If you really want to play it, you'd best clean it up...a lot.

You may wish to try Fall of the Voinian Empire instead.

One more thing: Weapon decay should be divided by speed factor.

Orcaloverbri9, any news of future updates for SpacePort?

You could always try sending him a Personal Message or an Email, instead of exhuming this from the Crypt.