MissionComputer now updated to 4.0.2

Yes, it's a very interesting idea, and I can imagine it being quite useful. The problem is that systems don't actually 'contain' any of the things for which you're suggesting being able to search; as you've already realised, MissionComputer would need to scan not only the systems, but the planets contained within as well. At the moment, it would require some significant work even to allow you to search for a particular planet and find out which system it's in (even making the star-map editor know which government a system belongs to was more work than you'd expect). I'll definitely keep this in mind, but it's not within the scope of version 4.1.

@david-arthur, on Dec 6 2008, 07:21 AM, said in MissionComputer now updated to 4.0.2:

Yes, it's a very interesting idea, and I can imagine it being quite useful. The problem is that systems don't actually 'contain' any of the things for which you're suggesting being able to search; as you've already realised, MissionComputer would need to scan not only the systems, but the planets contained within as well. At the moment, it would require some significant work even to allow you to search for a particular planet and find out which system it's in (even making the star-map editor know which government a system belongs to was more work than you'd expect). I'll definitely keep this in mind, but it's not within the scope of version 4.1.

lol, yea, I figured it would be near the bottom of the list. Sounds like a lot more work for not as much profit, but could be cool once ideas run out.