Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?

and why-constructive, please

My first published plugs both had a fair amount of significant bugs (i.e., no end explosions, ships keep going after hyper-jump and fly halfway across the system) in them. Most bugs will be fixed by the time I publish Semiteaser 3, but I need balance help.....badly. I want the ships to be a tad better than their fed, rebel, or auroran counterparts, as they are supposed to combine tech from all three nations. Can people give me hints? http://www.AmbrosiaS...evn/addons.html to download plug. Please download version 2 for README.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 04 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

I can't really help with balance but for 'teaser' type plugs that you want feedback from, I'd suggest you simply post them on the boards (either here or the Nova board) rather than cluttering up the addons.

@guy, on Aug 4 2008, 03:20 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

I can't really help with balance but for 'teaser' type plugs that you want feedback from, I'd suggest you simply post them on the boards (either here or the Nova board) rather than cluttering up the addons.

I don't know how. You forget my lack of experience/age/computer knowledge. sorry. 😞

This post has been edited by oryhara : 04 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

When posting there are options to attach files - just make sure the plug has been .bin.zipped then attach it. Note these options don't appear with Fast Reply.

@oryhara, on Aug 5 2008, 02:39 AM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

I don't know how. You forget my lack of experience/age/computer knowledge. sorry. 😞

You are the same as me then.

I tryed makin a completely new system but it doesn't seem to exist in the game.
I know what it is like.
To be under experienced.

I find the hard things easy and the easy things hard.
I.E:-making a solar system-easy
When i do it Solar system:-hard
Turret i was working on is the same as a light blaster(but even more crap)
It was meant to dissable a ship, but nope, only takes off 1 shield per hit/fires slowly/5 armor per hit/no pic/ no description(even though i put them there).

So i bet some one could make a turret that disables ships in one hit, as easy as 1,2,3, but for me its as hard as square route of pie.

It aint easy, but once you know it, its just like that 1,2,3.

This post has been edited by Static the one and only : 09 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

@static-the-one-and-only, on Aug 9 2008, 11:23 AM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

Turret i was working on is the same as a light blaster(but even more crap)
It was meant to dissable a ship, but nope, only takes off 1 shield per hit/fires slowly/5 armor per hit/no pic/ no description(even though i put them there).

So i bet some one could make a turret that disables ships in one hit, as easy as 1,2,3, but for me its as hard as square route of pie.

It aint easy, but once you know it, its just like that 1,2,3.

Hmm... A weapon like that would be hard to do, seeing as all ships disable at a different point of armor. Increase the shield damage to probably 100 per hit, and decrease its reload speed so that it fires faster.

Did you make an outfit for it?

For its description and its picture, click "Edit description" and enter the description, and for the picture, click "Edit 200x200 picture", and copy or import your picture into the provided resource.

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 9 2008, 08:40 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

Hmm... A weapon like that would be hard to do, seeing as all ships disable at a different point of armor. Increase the shield damage to probably 100 per hit, and decrease its reload speed so that it fires faster.

Did you make an outfit for it?

For its description and its picture, click "Edit description" and enter the description, and for the picture, click "Edit 200x200 picture", and copy or import your picture into the provided resource.

Well i did but it doesn't come up in the game.

Its not really that hard to make sure they get dissabled, just mark the box that says "disables but not destroys".
(this makes it so that at least 1% armor is left, then it cancels out any more hits of this weapon type)

You can have a look at it for me, i still want it to work, but if you want, you can use it and say its yours, i don't care. Just so long as you say that i helped. 🙂

Also could you put in a reply with a couple of examples for "evnew".
Like how to make a mission and stuff. A typed tutorial would also be of some help too.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Static the one and only : 09 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

@guy, on Aug 4 2008, 08:20 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

I have a little more undersanding of what he means.

Instead of posting plugins that aren't complete on the addon bit of the site. Upload them here by putting them in a .ZIP folder and posting a reply of what it is and what it does.

VVVVVExample bellowVVVVV

Weightless and costless outfits

No weight and completely free

^^^^Example above^^^^^

Now i didn't make this but you can do this with all you'r plugins.

We will comment and tell you what could be done better.
MINT!
Right?
Hope it helped. 😉

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Static the one and only : 09 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

@static-the-one-and-only, on Aug 9 2008, 01:07 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

Well i did but it doesn't come up in the game.

What plug-ins do you have installed?

@static-the-one-and-only, on Aug 9 2008, 01:07 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

Its not really that hard to make sure they get dissabled, just mark the box that says "disables but not destroys".
(this makes it so that at least 1% armor is left, then it cancels out any more hits of this weapon type)

Well, what I meant was that it's hard to find a suitable number to use if you want a disabling weapon. And I'm pretty sure it stops working if a ship becomes disabled, whether the ship is disabled at 33% or 10%.

You can have a look at it for me, i still want it to work, but if you want, you can use it and say its yours, i don't care. Just so long as you say that i helped. 🙂

I don't really think I'd want such a plug, but I'll fix it for you and it should work when I'm done.

Also could you put in a reply with a couple of examples for "evnew".
Like how to make a mission and stuff. A typed tutorial would also be of some help too.

Ah, sorry, but I have MissionComputer, which is a Mac-only editor. As for missions, I can't really elaborate much on it, because I only know the basics of coding missions.

(EDIT) This might not be how you'd like it, but here you go. It should work now. I'm not sure what the "projectile" resource is useful for, but now your turret plug-in should work.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 09 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 10 2008, 05:03 AM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

What plug-ins do you have installed?

2mill, allplanetsRD, Auroran Expansion, battle star galactica, bays variants, federation expantion, hopla systems, krypt expansion lohengrin, miners heaven, nova, polaris expansion, polaris hypergate system, repair droids, rebellion expansion, seckfighter 4000 nova, starbridge bay, the ultimite plugin, weightless and costless outfits,wraith expansion, zalien access, and zp tech plug.

Well, what I meant was that it's hard to find a suitable number to use if you want a disabling weapon. And I'm pretty sure it stops working if a ship becomes disabled, whether the ship is disabled at 33% or 10%.

Really thats weird???????????I dissabled a ship with one my friend made(which soon broke ev nova)and when i captured it it it only had 1% armor.

I don't really think I'd want such a plug, but I'll fix it for you and it should work when I'm done.

Thanks

Ah, sorry, but I have MissionComputer, which is a Mac-only editor. As for missions, I can't really elaborate much on it, because I only know the basics of coding missions.

Well, thanks anyway.

(EDIT) This might not be how you'd like it, but here you go. It should work now. I'm not sure what the "projectile" resource is useful for, but now your turret plug-in should work.

The progetile resorce, i thought, was what the weapon fired.
Oh well, thanks so much for helping me, it works great.
Just the way i wanted. 😉

@static-the-one-and-only, on Aug 10 2008, 12:10 AM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

2mill, allplanetsRD, Auroran Expansion, battle star galactica, bays variants, federation expantion, hopla systems, krypt expansion lohengrin, miners heaven, nova, polaris expansion, polaris hypergate system, repair droids, rebellion expansion, seckfighter 4000 nova, starbridge bay, the ultimite plugin, weightless and costless outfits,wraith expansion, zalien access, and zp tech plug.

What the... It seems that all your expansions (I believe when you said "federation expantion", you meant Anathema) and your extra plug-ins might be causing a whole bunch of problems.

Resources can conflict with each other if this happens.

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 10 2008, 06:23 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

What the... It seems that all your expansions (I believe when you said "federation expantion", you meant Anathema) and your extra plug-ins might be causing a whole bunch of problems.

Resources can conflict with each other if this happens.

Nope it is federation expansion, for like inhabiting planets and stuff.
Well i took them out but it seems i cant do any thing in nova now. Just like the "relem of prey".
Can't land, make a new pilot, or even fire a weapon.
I need the plugins.

You may have broken Nova if it isn't working without plug-ins. You need to redownload it.

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 10 2008, 07:29 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

You may have broken Nova if it isn't working without plug-ins. You need to redownload it.

Doing that now..........
...........Nope.
Reinstalling.............
Some 5 minutes later................................
...............................working again. 🙂

Ok, this begs me to ask, did you modify your Nova Files directly? Or, since you're on Windows, the Nova.rez file? Regardless if you did or didn't, I'm going to go ahead and say, never, ever work directly with the data files. Always work from copies. It sounds like you modified the data files directly and broke something.

@joshtigerheart, on Aug 10 2008, 07:03 PM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

Ok, this begs me to ask, did you modify your Nova Files directly? Or, since you're on Windows, the Nova.rez file? Regardless if you did or didn't, I'm going to go ahead and say, never, ever work directly with the data files. Always work from copies. It sounds like you modified the data files directly and broke something.

Emphasis mine, for great justice!

@static-the-one-and-only, on Aug 10 2008, 11:19 AM, said in Who Liked Or Hated My First Published Plugin(s)?:

Nope it is federation expansion, for like inhabiting planets and stuff.

I had not heard of that before...

On the Nova boards, the word expansion means that it is a huge plug-in that "continues one of the six major storylines in the stock game, but does not add a new storyline or remove any of the old ones and modifies very few stock Nova resources." (This comes from the EVN Wiki.)

If you can upload this expansion plug-in, maybe I can determine what it is that you're talking about. If not, can you give me a link?