~ A P O P H I S ~

yes, I know. I should have 36 of each, but I am not sure. when I make the sprite, I used to have the problem that it would pause at the end of the cycle, but I fixed it by starting at frame 9, and going to frame 45.(I would set the animation from 1 to 54) that way, there was 90 degrees rotation before and after the cycle I was using. the one time I got SpinApp to work, it worked perfectly.

I will try rendering again, to make sure I have the correct number of frames, just to be sure.

Make sure the numbering sequence is correct, too.

@archon, on Jun 24 2008, 09:42 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

Plagiarism! :laugh:

How is naming a ship the daemon plagiarism? A daemon is just an archaic name for a spirit or supernatural force.

actually, it is plagiarism, but I wouldn't have expected him to know about it. there is a ship in a game called wing commander called the Daemon, and the design of this ship was based in part off of it.

Actually I had no idea. I was just making a joke about the similarity of that name to the Demon from Anathema.

I mean, yes, that's right! I knew all along! :hector_bird: :laugh:

First, Titan...now Demon...has Archon no shortage of cool ship names? 😛

@ue_research---development, on Jul 5 2008, 04:23 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

First, Titan...now Demon...has Archon no shortage of cool ship names? 😛

blush

Actually, I usually ask around on the forums for input on names, so it's a community effort. I'm still bitter that the Achilles class Myrmidon was voted down though. 🙂

@archon, on Jul 5 2008, 07:07 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

Actually, I usually ask around on the forums for input on names, so it's a community effort. I'm still bitter that the Achilles class Myrmidon was voted down though. 🙂

It was? Travesty! Where oh where have all the classicists gone?

@israfel, on Jul 6 2008, 08:19 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

It was? Travesty! Where oh where have all the classicists gone?

Actually, the reasoning behind it was that the name "Achilles" has a greater association with "fatal flaw" than it has with "warrior exemplar," at least to this community. And you always gotta keep your audience in mind. 🙂 (I swear if I had a dollar for every time I've heard somebody say that...)

Edit: Say, where did the topic go? I lost sight of it a while ago. :unsure:

This post has been edited by Archon : 06 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

sorry, I've been a bit busy with school stuff.

About your earlier problems with SpinApp; it will only take a number of pictures that are divisible by 6. 54 is divisible by 6, but 45 is not. Make sure that x/6 ≠ number with a decimal, where x is the number of frames in your sprite.

well, I finally got around to reodoing Aether Starbase with blender, and it is much better than before. (the old one was made with wings)

Here is the new base.
Posted Image

@yamfries, on Jul 12 2008, 05:47 PM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

well, I finally got around to reodoing Aether Starbase with blender, and it is much better than before. (the old one was made with wings)

Here is the new base.

Cool, Yoda. Me likey. 🙂 A recommendation would be to make it larger, with more spaceports, seeing as it is a base. Since bases are big... you get my drift. 😉

ok , but not much. remember the LS are not the richest peope in the world.;)

@yamfries, on Jul 13 2008, 07:19 AM, said in ~ A P O P H I S ~:

ok , but not much. remember the LS are not the richest peope in the world. 😉

Yes, but seeing as you classified it as a base, I recommended it be bigger to house more combat-capable craft, so that it would be ready to take on a small alien fleet. Of course, that would take more work, but it would be a tad more realistic.

OK, I will get to work on that. here is another update.

Posted Image

That's better. More docks = more ships exiting when there's an alien fleet in need of destroying. 🙂

I think 8 tube things is too crowded-looking, although it's still better than 4. Go for the happy medium with 6.

Better yet, make one with 4 and use it as the 'small' variant and then make some with more tubes as the major refitting stations.

Or make it double-decker, with four tubes to each deck.

EDIT: better still, make the midsection that joins them contain a BIG deck for huge ships to land in.

This post has been edited by Geek : 13 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

I know where the Aegis comes from and theres many more where that came from its from a game called Galactica Anno Dominari. I can tell just from the art work and style of the ship.