Editing Questions from a n00b

First off, I have MissionComputerX-333. I have a few questions though.

1: How do you make 3-D ships.
2: How do I get planets to show their planet graphics.
3: How are you guys so good at drawing the weapons/outfits/explosions? All my weapons look nothing like them. I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0. and the thing can't even make a straight line <_< .

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Huntin' :hector_bird:

Right, first: 3D ships.

There are a few free 3D modeling programs, such as Blender, Google SketchUp and Wings 3D. I've never used any, so I can't give an opinion.

2. Create a new planet graphic, save it as a Pict, import it to a particular number, I can't remember them of the top of my head. Then set the planets graphic field to the appropriate graphic.

3. I take that as a compliment, but most of my weapons are done in 3D, and I can't do explosions at all.

Someone else will come along and elaborate, hopefully.

1. I use Sketchup. It's simple, precise, and free. If you can afford it, Maya is awesome. But it's $6000 last time I heard. Other people use Blender. It seems to work well for them, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. And Wings has two problems. 1. No texturing. 2. It's not precise. You can't type in numbers. Also it rotates really slowly.
3. I've done one explosion, and it's not that great. I made it in Sketchup. For my lasers, I generally hand draw them, pixel by pixel, in Appleworks. Of course, no one has ever really seen any of this. I've never showed it.

Downloading Sketchup now, thanks.

import it to a particular number

How do we do that?

This post has been edited by IT 000 : 19 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

Another thing, do weapons need to be made in 3-D as well as ships? Because I made a 'Blaze Cannon Mach II' and I used the graphics from EVO. However the lasers appear to be small slivers. Oh, and no sound.

@it-000, on Jun 19 2008, 11:47 PM, said in Editing Questions from a n00b:

Another thing, do weapons need to be made in 3-D as well as ships? Because I made a 'Blaze Cannon Mach II' and I used the graphics from EVO. However the lasers appear to be small slivers. Oh, and no sound.

I think that a good number of the weapon sprites were made in 2-d programs.

I do mine in Appleworks.

But when I use the EVO's graphic for Blaze Cannon fire, it comes up as a small brown-ish sliver. How do i solve this?
By the way, what are Hector Pellets?

Hector pellets are just an example. 🙂

How did you import the weapon graphic?

I copied the rlë8 and rlëD and sound of the Blaze Cannon from EVO to EVN. Do I need a Pict file of it two?

Don't you need a spďn, or is that handled automatically?

What are you using to make this plug-in?

Okay, for each weapon (other then lazers / then no pict and spin file) you will need the pict, spin, snd, outf and weap files from wherever you are getting them from. In Mission Computer you can create and change your ID's to be the numbers you want so you don't overlap with current things in the game.

Don't you need a spďn, or is that handled automatically?

I checked and I have a spďn rescource

Okay, for each weapon (other then lazers / then no pict and spin file)

I'm using the same graphic from EVO blaze cannon to EVN Blaze Cannon Mach II. (I'm using a laser.)

I have a few new questions. How do I get a weapon to be secondary in X-333? Also, how do I get the launcher to use the ammo?

Here's probably my best graphics.

http://img502.images...beamcopyzh6.jpg

Area Beam

http://img171.images...halocopymb3.jpg

The Planet Halo

http://img126.images...=nebula1ud9.jpg

Random Nebula

Feel free to give suggestions, advice or critisism

(EDIT) I got the sound working 🙂 (Finally a happy emoticon.) ! The graphics are showing chaingun ammo though <_<. but it's still an improvement from the 'Fire Cracker' graphic (another weapon).

This post has been edited by IT 000 : 20 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

There's a flag titled "Secondary Weapon" or somesuch in the wëap resource. Check that off to make it a secondary.

I got the planet graphic working! But theirs it's in a white box and it's speckled. How do I get rid of these annoyances.

There's a flag titled "Secondary Weapon" or somesuch in the wëap resource. Check that off to make it a secondary.

I'll check...

For the planet graphic I'm guessing it also needs a mask, which defines which areas are transparent in an image or not. It should just be black and white (Nova doesn't have partial transparency for masks) with the white part being the portion of the image that actually is "there" or has stuff in it, where as the black part should define the background space.

If you're using the newest version of MissionComputer, it's a little pull down menu in the weapons panel. By default it says something like Primary Weapon. Change it to Secondary Weapon. There's another menu that usually says something about infinite ammo. Change it to Uses Own Ammo.

He said he was using 3.3. 🙂

I'll check...

Found it.

I think I have all the above quesions figuared out. But how do I get launcher to launch ammo, I've already put both objects to the weapon (Weap: 134/Ammunition: 134). There's a box that says ammotype or something. I got it to work with my 'Fire Cracker' outfit but not my current outfit and it's a homing missile that launches one missile per weapon.

A strange thing though is that if I put -2 in the ammotype box the missile reads Missile- 20 but the number doesn't decrease after every shot.