Simple question (bits)

When I'm entering an availbit for a weapon, and I want more than three bits to be set, do I need to put any in parentheses? For instance, would it be "!b424 & b68 & P30," or do I need to include parentheses anywhere in there?

Nova can only handle expressions in groups of two, so for three, you'll need "(bX & (bY & (bZ)))" or "(bX & bY) & bZ". Other combinations work too, but that's the idea.

@archon, on Jun 18 2008, 10:41 PM, said in Simple question (bits):

Nova can only handle expressions in groups of two, so for three, you'll need "(bX & (bY & (bZ)))" or "(bX & bY) & bZ". Other combinations work too, but that's the idea.

Thanks. Ane there any problems with mixing, such a !b424 & (b68 & P30)?

Not as far as I'm aware.

Be careful if you use nots with parentheses. If used properly they can simplify things, but remember that the common tongue equivalent often does not match the logic.
In this example, the P30 is redundant, so delete it.

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jun 19 2008, 12:26 AM, said in Simple question (bits):

Be careful if you use nots with parentheses. If used properly they can simplify things, but remember that the common tongue equivalent often does not match the logic.
In this example, the P30 is redundant, so delete it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "common tongue etc.," but I guess I don't need the P30 since the game has to be registered in order to use plugins.

@erikthered, on Jun 19 2008, 01:17 AM, said in Simple question (bits):

I guess I don't need the P30 since the game has to be registered in order to use plugins.

Correct. The P operator is useless to any third-party designer.