Mission starts out "failed"

Gyargh!

So I'm trying to make a mission with the goal of destroying two ships trigger off the failing of another mission. The only flag I have checked on the side is the "fails if player is disabled/destroyed", but when you fail the first mission, this mission starts, except it immediately has a dot next to the name (failed), only the OnFail bits have not been triggered...

What the heck is up with this?

Also, the ship system is set to -6 (follow the player around) and set to jump in after a short delay.

This post has been edited by Keldor Sarn : 10 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

could you post the plug with the mission and I/we could look at it.

I'll see if I can't shuffle the resources around to work with stock Nova...

Well I just threw a self aborting dummy mission into the chain that activates the real mission and that seemed to do the trick. Since I'm not overly concerned about mission slots at present, I think all just leave it at that.

Now that brings me to another problem. Now the missions I'm making are essentially to have security forces chase and "arrest" the player (if they get disabled) if they are caught with illegal cargo, since it seemed a bit brutal to just go blowing up people who are smuggling minor things. The thing is, if the player is already in the system where the trial takes place and they are released at, then the ships that scanned them remain hostile. I'm trying to think of ways to fix that. Granting the player a temporary IFF outfit didn't seem to work. I'm wondering if transporting them to a different version of the system with visbits so that it is constantly inactive might work. Does anyone know if this will cause odd behaviour if I set the links all nice and reciprocal? I.e. making the planet not subject to random missions, or bugs with the player jumping out of the system.