a beginner question

how do u make a ship plug

so i am playing EVN, and all of a sudden i get an idea. I want to make a new ship. I got the stats for it. but have no idea where to start ptting info into the computer. any help? thanks?

Hello, Dark Assualt, and welcome to the Ambrosia boards. I'm moving this topic over to the EV Developer's Corner forum, where it will get more attention from people who know about this sort of thing.

The first step, if you haven't done it already, is to get hold of a plug-in editor. If you're using a Macintosh, you may want to try out MissionComputer, to which there's a link in my signature below; on Windows, the closest equivalent is called EVNEW.

@dark-assualt, on Apr 28 2008, 02:30 PM, said in a beginner question:

so i am playing EVN, and all of a sudden i get an idea. I want to make a new ship. I got the stats for it. but have no idea where to start ptting info into the computer. any help? thanks?

The shďp resource is where you enter the data for a new ship. However, you must first find an empty resource, which is explained further in the Nova Bible your Documentations folder should have.

Also, if you are creating a ship that is based on one of the ships in the stock EVN universe, you must also create a shän resource.

If this is your own ship, you will have to create an rlëD resource by making it via a design program.

The ship and shan resources go hand in hand - you can't have one without the other. An Rled will be a little more difficult unless you know a way to automate the rendering process, otherwise you will have to do 36 separate renders and put them all together.