Acheron Beta Testers

G-Spark: Nope. I could use one more tester.

Belthazar: Excellent! Thank you. I do know the "it's" "its" thing, but make the mistake quite often while typing. When using pencil and paper I usually catch it.

I didn't know that there was a separate acknowledgement text. If you have the full one could you send it to me? I'll add on a short Acheron acknowledgement section before release.

Woops... "Warmer valleys contain", not "Warmer valleys that contain". I'm glad you spotted these.

Also, the skybridge image is in PICT format, probably 32 bit, but will be converted to an RLE file, which hopefully will shrink it.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 18 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

Ok, finally got around to actually loading Nova to test out the plugin... and it crashes. Halfway through loading, I get the Windows "this program has encountered a problem and needs to close" dialogue box. The same thing happens regardless of whether I use the first or second betas, or whether I put the Acheron files in the Plug-ins folder or replace the Nova Files with them. The debuglog gets as far as "initialising buttons" and just stops dead, suggesting there's a problem with the buttons. The next line that should appear is "Loading object data", so possibly there's a problem there instead.

Using Nova 1.0.10 and WinXP. The default scenario still works fine, so it's not a problem with Nova.

Uh-oh.

Edit: PMed you and attached a plug.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 24 February 2008 - 01:37 AM

While beta testing continues, I'm linking to this combat preview that I made a little while back. It's choppy because I kept losing and the frame rate on EVN was about 1/6 normal while Snapz Pro X was running, but I don't mind because it makes certain details a little more difficult to notice. This doesn't show off all of the TC but is a reasonable preview for basic combat.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Crus...t=Acheron64.flv

Enjoy.

I hate to have three posts in a row, but I just sent out another set of files to you testers. Hopefully they work on Windows, finally, and I can get some feedback.

Note: I can't consider you a beta tester if I don't get any feedback, so if it runs great, tell me, and if it totally fails, tell me that too. Everything is helpful.

Hopefully all of the bugs are ironed out, because I'd like to get the përs resources for developers and beta testers done, modify the Acknowledgments and About texts, and get this released.

I'm going to actually DO some real testing soon. Honest. 🙂