Sephil Saga

UE_Research & Development said:

I will say, SS is NOT dead, and it is NOT unconscious. But beyond that, I'm afraid I don't have the authorization to publicly discuss our plans.

Spectreforge, then?

I'd just like to make my annual reminder that I was on board as a beta tester back in '03, and I hope my spot is still reserved.

@orcaloverbri9, on Sep 18 2007, 09:12 PM, said in Sephil Saga:

My bad, I forgot it wasn't the old site anymore.

By the way, there's a newer one here.

When I try the link I get this.

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the sephilsaga.mazca.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Given that the contact email was bouncing and no file on the site had been modified in two years I deleted sephilsaga.mazca.com from my webspace in a cleanout a good few months ago - assuming the website, if not the plugin itself, it was very dead indeed.

How far did the plugin get.

Links exist in signatures for a reason.

If the plugs still alive then why was the website deleted.

(Off topic quickly: I saw on a thread once, that someone had figured out a way, and explained how to make a fleet go to chaos if the leader was killed, and pace said that that will be put in arpia. Any one know the thread)

@guest_robdemon_-, on Feb 15 2008, 05:26 PM, said in Sephil Saga:

If the plugs still alive then why was the website deleted.

Because there was no evidence the plugin WAS alive, I couldn't contact the plug's author, and I'm not in the business of leaving three-years-out-of-date 300MB websites festering on my server for all time.

It's his webspace, he can do whatever he wants with it.

I don't remember if Charlie ever talked to Mazca, but sites move around all the time. I think if the team really didn't want him to do it, they would have said something to him.

:wacko:

This post has been edited by UE_Research & Development: 15 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

True but two things.

1)Its an inconvience to others. He should known better.
2)He could of refused to explain his actions, but if he does wish to justify them they should be valid. Since he's already tried to justify them it would be bad for him to turn round now and refused to explain.

Gravedigging a six-month-old thread is also an inconvenience to others.

Yes I apologize for that please forgive me but I had to known why the website didnt work. sorry...

@guest_robdemon_-, on Feb 15 2008, 06:26 PM, said in Sephil Saga:

(Off topic quickly: I saw on a thread once, that someone had figured out a way, and explained how to make a fleet go to chaos if the leader was killed, and pace said that that will be put in arpia. Any one know the thread)

Search "Eugene Chin" as the author, tick the "search topics only" field and you should easily find what you're looking for.

Alternatively, you could get the direct link off of the first post of the Cool Nova Hacks thread, stickied on this forum.

Fleet Combat Trick.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 20 February 2008 - 07:20 AM

Thank you very much.

@guest_robdemon_-, on Feb 15 2008, 07:45 PM, said in Sephil Saga:

True but two things.

1)Its an inconvience to others. He should known better.
2)He could of refused to explain his actions, but if he does wish to justify them they should be valid. Since he's already tried to justify them it would be bad for him to turn round now and refused to explain.

Well, I wasn't going to dignify you with a response because you're so rude, but why on earth do I have to justify reasons for deleting a website when:

No file on the site has been modified in two years.
The contact email address provided doesn't work.
No evidence of the plugin's survival had appeared in at least two years.

The "evidence" you pointed to popped up at least three months AFTER I deleted the website.

From what I understand, it's not dead but there's no reason to keep around that stuff from back then. So no harm no foul.