Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs)

@hades, on Jan 28 2008, 01:45 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

Hey Trashman from Hard-light. I see your importing some ships from your mod for Freespace 2 into Nova, cool.

Hades? You get around 😉 ..I've also seen you on the BSF forums..methinks also on Kerberos boards.

@-King Manticore.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly..modify them how? Change the color to red?

@Redchig - downlaod to the plug on first post in the topic

I'm going to make a render set of the new phoenix and falcon (72 framesx3) and put it up. I won't bother with putting all the images together into one big one.
Which reminds me..is there a tool that converts a animated .gif to a image?
Putting 106 images together, and then repeating that process for the mask and the thrusters...not fun.

If you render it into a movie format, like .mov or .avi, then spritemaker, and I think m2s, does all of that for you in about 4 seconds. I personally like to use .avi raw, but it's pretty big.

Remember to keyframe before and after the animation, so that there's no "slow-down, speed-up" effect at the end and beginning of the rotation.

@Trashman: What is Kerberos boards? If you point me with a link I would appreciate it. 😉

This post has been edited by Hades : 29 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

@trashman, on Jan 29 2008, 04:39 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

@-King Manticore.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly..modify them how? Change the color to red?

Well... yes. (Crap. I'm so vague.) The Thunderhawk, Phoenix, and Corvette I would like to have red. Not entirely, though: I'd also like some white and maybe some black as well.

The Bomber, well... I mentioned "orange and has a dragon design." If you can't do the dragon design, then that's ok, I'll just settle with it being orange.

@hades, on Jan 30 2008, 03:02 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

@Trashman: What is Kerberos boards? If you point me with a link I would appreciate it. 😉

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/...58b92c5499b7ca1

@King of manticore - you do realise you can change the color in photoshop rather easily these days...at one SHOULD be able to do that..the Phoenix is pretty dark, so maybe that won't work that well on it...

@Crusader_Alpha - .mov format eh? Good to know. You set them up normally for fighters (standard rotation, followed by left banking rotation and right banking rotation)?

I usually don't do banking rotations because I'm usually in a rush. They're pretty easy though. I generally just render each banking turn as a separate movie, and that's easy because I just rotate the ship one way and then the other so many degrees. Each movie makes the same sized sprite image, and it's pretty easy to just patch three images together in PS or GIMP.

@trashman, on Feb 2 2008, 08:45 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/...58b92c5499b7ca1

No I have never played Sword of the Stars.

You should...a KILLER game 🆒 ...KILLER..really.

Side note - thanks..now I can make the renders...46x46 for a fighter..tht should be enough methinks.. I always felt the Phoenix was a little on the small side.

@trashman, on Feb 2 2008, 06:45 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

@King of manticore - you do realise you can change the color in photoshop rather easily these days...at one SHOULD be able to do that..the Phoenix is pretty dark, so maybe that won't work that well on it...

You're actually speaking to a no-experience-with-designing-programs guy here. Yes, there is no need to say that I have no skills... I'm going to start after I finish this post learning how to use Photoshop.

The Phoenix is pretty small... there would be nothing wrong if you made it a little bigger.

I don't do banking rotations because of how little sense they make. :laugh:

REMOVED*

Ok, this is a quick test for the Phoenix.

Phonix1.avi is a full phoenix rotation, normal lightning

Phoenix2.avi is with while light settings (methinks it's better, but I want to ask you guys)
Phoenix2a and b are left and right banking.

What do you think. This OK? Too small? Too big? Too dark?

If it is, I'm gonna do the other animations (white ship, black background, and thrusters)

This post has been edited by TrashMan : 03 February 2008 - 10:27 AM

Phoenix 2 is better, because its lighter, and won't suffer from the problem the original did, being to dark to see.

Very nice.

Phoenix & Falcon - complete

Here...bot the Phoenix and the Falcon - full rotation (with banking) and masks + thruster rotations (maps can be easily made out of these)

Everything O.K.? Everyone satisfied?

Hehe..I'll take that as a Yes