SpacePort 1.2 beta 7 [old topic]

Horses don't die, my friends.

It's here.

SpacePort 1.2.0b7.

You know the drill (I hope). Fixed some more stuff. I would make a change list but it's been in the pipeline so long I couldn't hope to get everything.

Tons of thanks to Guy once again for testing all three games and SpacePort with freakish determination. We need more people who have no life around here! 🙂

This is the first SpacePort beta to be archived using Guy's Plugin Archiver. Yes. He can't spell plug-in right, but nonetheless it has matured far beyond my own, now abandoned, app.

Enjoy! Oh, and tell me if something's wrong. I never expected seven public betas. I want to get this damn thing out already!

Well, all of the features are grayed out in the Advanced panel. There's some selection bar, but I can't tell what it does because it's grayed out.

Is 150% speed mod an inherent feature now?

SpacePort panics when you don't have EV Basics/Black Panel/Obsidian Buttons in (none of which are provided with SpacePort, and two of which I don't know where to find and am not inclined to try), and repeats the bit about me not having them over and over.

I can provide a picture if you need one.

Edit: Upon loading it the second time (though it was moved to the EV Nova folder), everything looks much more smooth. The speed bar shows up, as well as the random cargo quantity.
However, the "WARNING" still flashes like a Christmas tree. Can you provide some way to turn that off?

This post has been edited by Consul Bob : 10 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

@consul-bob, on Nov 10 2007, 08:20 PM, said in SpacePort 1.2 beta 7 [old topic]:

Well, all of the features are grayed out in the Advanced panel. There's some selection bar, but I can't tell what it does because it's grayed out.

???

I am unable to reproduce this.

Is 150% speed mod an inherent feature now?

It defaults to 150%, but you can change it.

SpacePort panics when you don't have EV Basics/Black Panel/Obsidian Buttons in (none of which are provided with SpacePort, and two of which I don't know where to find and am not inclined to try), and repeats the bit about me not having them over and over.

All three of these come with SpacePort. Yes, the warnings are annoying, but I didn't make them.

Edit: Upon loading it the second time (though it was moved to the EV Nova folder), everything looks much more smooth. The speed bar shows up, as well as the random cargo quantity.
However, the "WARNING" still flashes like a Christmas tree. Can you provide some way to turn that off?

This is all very strange. It doesn't happen to me at all. Have you tried re-downloading?

As for the plugins, I just realized that they were in the Port Resources folder, in .bin format. 😕
So false alarm there.

The features being grayed out are no longer an issue.

This is all very strange. It doesn't happen to me at all.

Which, the warning flashing, constantly?

At any rate, none of these are no longer a problem, so.

I know you can't prepare a full changelog, but what are some of the few more recent changes you've made, that you remember?

@consul-bob, on Nov 10 2007, 10:33 PM, said in SpacePort 1.2 beta 7 [old topic]:

Which, the warning flashing, constantly?

All of it. 😛

I know you can't prepare a full changelog, but what are some of the few more recent changes you've made, that you remember?

- junks now look for STR s as well as STR#s
- STR s 9100-9299 are no longer removed
- the dude InfoTypes field is now properly converted
- STR s in the 12000 range are now shifted up by 3000 instead of 300
- guided weapons now have proper turn rates and jamming sensitivity
- jammers now have proper "potency"
- damage to energy and shields is now properly calculated
- stellars now have proper tribute
- ship accel and accel upgrade values have been corrected
- fuel scoops, shield generator values, and death delays now take the speed adjustment into account
- the speed slider now defaults to 150%
- shield and armor regeneration are now properly calculated
- now converts random cargo quantities properly (according to user's preference)
- STR#s in the 7500 range are no longer removed
- refusal descs in EVC plug-ins are now properly set
- the escape pod PICT (3063) is now moved to 3767
- SpacePort no longer gives NilObjectExceptions when choosing a destination after converting via drag-and-drop
- you can now drag a file onto the SpacePort window to convert it
- output logs are always written now

That's everything I could find. I just realized that I never actually released b6 to the public, but I'm sure Guy provided plenty of feedback. In any case, these are the fixes I could find from both versions.

Looking at it, ship armor is completely off.

A ship with 700 armor in EV has 64 after being SpacePorted. 😕

What's with that?

Woohoo! 🙂

I haven't time to test right now but it sounds like the issues from b6 haven't been resolved. Still got those old emails lying around?
Also, in case you missed my comment in the other thread, make sure not to try to convert inherent jamming for EV plugs as that field is 'unused' in EV (I discovered EV Classic for Nova has some odd bits of inherent jamming here and there, but don't tell anyone :rolleyes:).

Oh, and unless this is supposed to run on OS 8.6 or something (nods at Consul Bob ;)) then why not just use Finder zipping?

This post has been edited by Guy : 11 November 2007 - 03:56 AM

@guy, on Nov 11 2007, 03:55 AM, said in SpacePort 1.2 beta 7 [old topic]:

Woohoo! 🙂

I haven't time to test right now but it sounds like the issues from b6 haven't been resolved. Still got those old emails lying around?

???

I thought the only outstanding issues from b6 were the ones in the recent emails.

Also, in case you missed my comment in the other thread, make sure not to try to convert inherent jamming for EV plugs as that field is 'unused' in EV (I discovered EV Classic for Nova has some odd bits of inherent jamming here and there, but don't tell anyone :rolleyes:).

Hmm.

Oh, and unless this is supposed to run on OS 8.6 or something (nods at Consul Bob ;)) then why not just use Finder zipping?

I suppose I could.

Okay, sent you an email with the old issue list. These cover the interface and armor issues Consul Bob mentioned.

Ok don't mean to necro but...

I just downloaded it (didn't see this the first time) and ported an old plug for EV:C. I poped it in and it works fine more or less, but: some of the ship graphics are messed up. The shiup that you see flying around on the screen isn't the one your supposed to see. I opened up the plug in Missioncomputer but I'm not seeing anything wrong =/ any ideas?

You need to EnRLE all the sprites because PICTs don't override the existing RLEs in the main data files. But regardless, I strongly suggest you wait for the next release as this one has other issues. I've emailed orca about the couple of loose ends still to tie up so hopefully it won't be long 🙂

This post has been edited by Guy : 12 February 2008 - 02:42 AM

@guy, on Feb 12 2008, 02:37 AM, said in SpacePort 1.2 beta 7 [old topic]:

You need to EnRLE all the sprites because PICTs don't override the existing RLEs in the main data files. But regardless, I strongly suggest you wait for the next release as this one has other issues. I've emailed orca about the couple of loose ends still to tie up so hopefully it won't be long 🙂

Ah I see, thanks for the info. By the way I have a program called EnRLE/DeRLE but it doesn't seem to work. It all works fine and says it's spining the ship but when it finished I don't get any sort of RLE. Kind of confusing, any ideas?

EDIT: NVM it works now. After you make the RLE for the ships you just put the ID number for the RLE's in the appropriate shan?

DOUBLE EDIT: NVM I thin kI figured it all out now, I think I'll wait for SpacePort 1.2 before I start doing any massive porting, so the above-mentioned bugs are worked out. I'm excited for it's release!

This post has been edited by PhoenixFire : 12 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

The IDs of the RLEs will match those of the PICTs so should already be correct in the shans.
Btw, while it probably doesn't matter for EV/O plugs the w00tware EnRLE program is not recommended. The current alternative is another of orca's programs, EnRLE II.

This post has been edited by Guy : 12 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

Well, while Guy plugging me like this isn't the worst feeling in the world, I have to note that SpacePort is only partially my program. The original was written by SpacePirate. He's never around in the Nova scene anymore (or the Ambrosia scene, for that matter), but I still talk to him on AIM occasionally.

I'll put some time in on SpacePort in the coming days. Maybe we can finally put this thing to bed. 🙂

@orcaloverbri9, on Feb 12 2008, 06:33 PM, said in SpacePort 1.2 beta 7 [old topic]:

I'll put some time in on SpacePort in the coming days. Maybe we can finally put this thing to bed. 🙂

Go go go! You can do it! waits impatiently