ArgosyFix plugin isn't a plugin

It's a zip file with no plugin

The plugin was uploaded in 2005 by cross.gareth@gmail.com (whom I have sent an email to and am awaiting a reply). On my eMac, when I open the file using Stuffit version 7.0.3, I get two folders inside the main folder __MACOSX and ArgosyFix
The first folder has another folder called ArgosyFix When do a 'get info' on that folder it says the folder size is 816kb, but the folder appears empty
Back in the OTHER ArgosyFix folder there is a file called Argosy Fix. There is no file extension and the file size is zero.

(edit - and delete stuff)

turns out after downloading version 10 of stuffit and expanding the file it worked fine. Problem was, the guy just turned the ORANGE tongue of flame into a BLUE tongue of flame :blink:

What I wouldn't mind is one of those fuzzy "cotton-tail" looks. Since I have gone to the trouble taking away the Argosy's animation, how would I go about making a glow that would fit the ships oval back and actually look semi-normal?

This post has been edited by Vast Deathmaster : 01 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

@vast-deathmaster, on Feb 1 2008, 01:36 PM, said in ArgosyFix plugin isn't a plugin:

On my eMac, when I open the file using Stuffit version 7.0.3, I get two folders inside the main folder __MACOSX and ArgosyFix
The first folder has another folder called ArgosyFix When do a 'get info' on that folder it says the folder size is 816kb, but the folder appears empty
Back in the OTHER ArgosyFix folder there is a file called Argosy Fix. There is no file extension and the file size is zero.

This is what you get when you try to extract a file that was created with the inbuilt .zip functions in Mac OS 10.3 and above, but don't have an extractor that supports it. That 816 K folder has in it a hidden file containing the resource fork, which a proper extractor reunites with the visible file (which represents the data fork, and so in this case is empty) to recreate the original file.

So has the file been deleted?

I know the people of the website can't exactly go through every file with every version of Windows and OSX using every conceivable zip file extractor and version of stuffit just to make sure all the files are correct (I guess that's the publics job) 🙂

However I am still wondering how easy or impossible it is to change the glow to something reasonable.

(the file is still there. List the addons by Name and then go to the second page)