ARPIA 2 decompressing help

I thought it was time to try Arpia or Arpia2, so I downloaded both of them. Something might have been wrong with the Arpia1 plug I downloaded, because the conversion didn't look total at all. (The only conversion I saw was that I started with a starbridge)

And then, arpia2, I can't decompress. I tried both StuffIt and BOM Archive Helper. StuffIt returns an error message, and BOM just freezes.

Any ideas? My system is OSX of course. 10.4 Intel.

Neither one is a total conversion. They're just big expansions, and there's nothing really different until you get into the storyline. I don't think Arpia1 has much more than missions and a few ships (I have only played 2 so I'm not totally sure), but Arpia2 has tons of new and awesome stuff once you get into it. Try The Unarchiver if neither Stuffit or BOM is working. Also maybe try redownloading it.

@nil-kimas, on Jan 22 2008, 06:34 PM, said in ARPIA 2 decompressing help:

Neither one is a total conversion. They're just big expansions, and there's nothing really different until you get into the storyline. I don't think Arpia1 has much more than missions and a few ships (I have only played 2 so I'm not totally sure), but Arpia2 has tons of new and awesome stuff once you get into it. Try The Unarchiver if neither Stuffit or BOM is working. Also maybe try redownloading it.

You might need to send a new link to Arpia2, because the Music file was incomplete. ๐Ÿ™‚

@phlogios, on Jan 22 2008, 06:46 PM, said in ARPIA 2 decompressing help:

You might need to send a new link to Arpia2, because the Music file was incomplete. ๐Ÿ™‚

The plugin crashed, pict files missing, too.

@phlogios, on Jan 22 2008, 06:49 PM, said in ARPIA 2 decompressing help:

The plugin crashed, pict files missing, too.

sigh

Why don't people actually read ReadMes?
Here's my bet: you've got ARPIA2 ShieldBubbles included, and haven't downloaded 3D ShieldBubbles 1.0.7
Am I right?

Oh, and Arpia1 is really not worth it. ARPIA2 contains all Arpia1 missions, and makes them, well, way better. That's what I feel anyway.

@pace, on Jan 22 2008, 08:19 PM, said in ARPIA 2 decompressing help:

sigh

Why don't people actually read ReadMes?
Here's my bet: you've got ARPIA2 ShieldBubbles included, and haven't downloaded 3D ShieldBubbles 1.0.7รขย€ลš
Am I right?

Oh, and Arpia1 is really not worth it. ARPIA2 contains all Arpia1 missions, and makes them, well, way better. That's what I feel anyway.

Not true, I didn't use ShieldBubbles at all. Only those in the Arpia 2 folder with the 5 files that I was supposed to put in the Plug Ins folder.

Edit: I made it work now, downloaded from a different place. (Unarchiver is great too, thanks for the tip)

This post has been edited by Phlogios : 22 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

@phlogios, on Jan 22 2008, 11:30 PM, said in ARPIA 2 decompressing help:

Not true, I didn't use ShieldBubbles at all. Only those in the Arpia 2 folder with the 5 files that I was supposed to put in the Plug Ins folder.

Edit: I made it work now, downloaded from a different place. (Unarchiver is great too, thanks for the tip)

Heh. Sorry about that. It's just that in 95% of the cases of such errors, it's because the players don't realise they need 3D ShieldBubbles for ARPIA2 ShieldBubbles to work. The other 5% are incomplete downloads, as you experienced.

@pace, on Jan 23 2008, 09:30 AM, said in ARPIA 2 decompressing help:

Heh. Sorry about that. It's just that in 95% of the cases of such errors, it's because the players don't realise they need 3D ShieldBubbles for ARPIA2 ShieldBubbles to work. The other 5% are incomplete downloads, as you experienced.

Yeah and I DID read the Read-Me. HRMPH! ๐Ÿ˜›

WHat the hell???!?! I was doing the InfiNight mission, where you land on Hearth in the Homeland system. The farmer put the drugs in my mouth, I pressed OKAY, it said that I didn't have enough space to accept the mission and now I'm in Purgatory!? What did I do wrong? Did I finish the game? I had 18 tons free in a Subarashii.

Edit: Can I return to where I was before?

Edit: Nevermind, I made it. You guys scared my pants off though.

This post has been edited by Phlogios : 24 January 2008 - 03:59 PM