Problems with outfits

Hi All,

This is my very first post! I have been a EV fan since the begining, and during the days of EVC started to get into plug-in development. As such I have the basic skills to get a home made ship into the game, and so far have a simple plug in with two new ships and one new system that I have developed over the last week.

Development for EVN has quite a few differences that I am still getting my head around; for the most part I am able to figure out what I don't know from the FAQs and archived conversations on this board, but I seem to have hit a wall. The ship I created, which is somewhat better than a starbridge as far as stats go, has slots for weapons and free space but try as I might I can not buy outfits for it. For that matter my other ship, which is a system defender, hardly mobile, turret type, ship can also not buy weapons.

I have created the ships with mission computer by creating new relDs, Ship sprite & mask, engin glow, and lights, as well as pictures for the shipyard, and targeting that all work, along with shan and ship resources.

As a developer of EVC I got deep into making plug-ins for my self and friends, usually limited to a cheat of single ship, however I now wish to direct my efforts towards a more ambitious project, mabie cumulating into a TC somewhere down the road. If anyone could tell me what my problem might be I could make progress towards actually to this group, whos hard work has brought me a great many hours of entertainment, not to mention a GPA that is slightly lowered due to my EV addiction. 😛

Thanks and Cheers
---Imhotep---

Ah, you're experiencing a very common problem with people who aren't too familiar with the Nova scenario.

If you've played the Vell-os storyline, you'll recall that when you have a Vell-os ship, you can't buy outfits. This is because every outfit has the box A5 marked under the "Require" field, and only Vell-os ships lack the corresponding A5 in the "Contribute" field. So, your problem is that your new ship doesn't have this box checked. Just check it and you'll be set!

If you're not familiar with the contribute/require fields, just open up any other ship with an editor and give your ship the same require field.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

This post has been edited by Archon : 18 December 2007 - 04:36 AM

Welcome!

Thanks a lot Archon, The ship can get new wepons now. Unfortunatly today all my attention must go towards sociology as my last final is tomorrow. It sucks, I just downloaded ARPIA and won't be able to play it till the day after tomorrow.

Cheers

That helped me out quite a bit as well!
However, I noticed something interesting. The game still refuses to allow me to purchase the Fusion Pulse Turret, for some reason. The cannon works fine, but the turret is still inaccessible. And yes, my ship does have free turret mounts.
Any ideas?