EV Ice

A TC based off a book....

Hurrah for Space Opera!

I was wondering whether anyone one here has read Alastair Reynolds Pushing Ice, and if maybe they would like to help me make a TC based in the same universe, the Structure. The mod would take place just after the end, when Bella has just re-awoken from her surgery.

If not, leave me to die somewhere.

I've already made a couple of Musk Dog ships, as they have the most described ships, and made a graphic for New Crabtree.

This could be fun.

PS:
If anyone has noticed that this is my first post, be aware that I only registered today, but have been lurking for sometime.

Welcome to the boards! 😄

It would help if you could give more details. Do you have experience making plugs, or are you just learning?

Sorry, sorry.

I have made a bunch of plug-ins, weaps and spobs mainly, but I mainly model ships.

I'm also really just learning at plug-ins, despite the ones I've already made.

Welcome to the forums, Templar!

I'm not familiar with Pushing Ice, but I'm sure that some of those well-versed in sci-fi will at least have some ideas to toss around with you.

I'm sure that you know this if you've been lurking for a while, but it's typically difficult to get anybody onboard for a TC until you have something very substantial to show. People are just afraid of contributing to a plug that becomes vaporware (which has happened on numerous occasions).

However, don't let that discourage you! If you have the drive and the dream, have at it! Best of luck to you!

~Archon

Wow. A modeler who wants a programmer. :blink: It's usually the other way around. :laugh:
Welcome to the boards!

Welcome to the boards Templar!

now, I have read about a chapter of pushing ice, before I had to leave borders. however, I really liked what I saw, and from that, I think that would make an excellent TC. (If it was well made, of course 😛 )

I agree with what the others have to stay about starting a TC, and if it makes you feel any better, I did the exact same thing when I started out on Apophis.(My TC)

but you shouldn't let that descourage you. Play around with the idea for a couple weeks. If you have something that might work, and a Plan, then people will take more notice. 😉

also, can you post some of your graphical work? I would interested in seeing it.

Cheers,

YŘDA