Nullifying an Auto-Failing Mission

One major bug that I'm literally positive that I squashed and must have, I don't know, snuck its way in while I was sleeping, is giving a user a hard time in Anathema. Without going into huge amounts of unnecessary detail regarding the specifics of the silent missions involved, it is a mission in which upon arriving in system X without doing objective Y, you fail and are promptly ferried off to Hell. Unfortunately, the mission that sends the player to Hell fires on takeoff. Additionally, it is invisible.

The trigger for the shuttling the person off is observation of a particular ship, which was erroneously set to "Initial System." So, since it cannot be aborted, and I believe (but have not had confirmed) that the player has no time to land before the mission fires, what can I do? I have two theories:

First, make a fixer data file to replace the current one just long enough to fix the problem in which the trigger ship has been removed. Will this work without crashing Nova?

Second, if that doesn't work, I can always just make a hold-over file that connects Hell back to another system and reset some bits, but the first would be way easier. Anybody know if it's possible?

If I'm understanding correctly, this trigger mission is already running in which case you cannot change it. It won't crash Nova, it just won't have any effect. So you'll have to go with the second solution.

That's a bummer.

Fortunately, I accidentally made the ships jump in after a delay, which gives the player time to accept a mission aborting the faulty one. So no need to worry.

Sorry about posting before I'd looked into the problem too deeply, but I wanted to make sure I could address this as quickly as possible.

And for anybody who would like to get their hands on it, here's the fixer. Attached File Fixer_Uper.zip (2.05K)
Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by Archon : 09 December 2007 - 12:03 AM