Nebula: D.O.A.

This looks like a cool plugin! I'm looking forward to seeing version 1.0 🙂 It's cool that you had most of your stuff done BEFORE you told the world about it.

I don't know about most, but... Yeah that's what you're supposed to do if you want people to actually belive you when you say you're making an ambitious plug-in. Speaking of which, here's a real treat. The Special Forces HUD (Sidebar). The first in the normal Fed one, the second was modified in PS CS3 by yours truly. Tell me what you think!

Attached File FedHUD2.jpg (12.23K)
Number of downloads: 45Attached File FedHUD.jpg (13.21K)
Number of downloads: 64

EDIT: This is not the current version. I just edited the jewel and the triangular plaque to make it darker and look like it fits in better.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 18 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

Looks cool.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 18 2007, 07:30 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I don't know about most, but... Yeah that's what you're supposed to do if you want people to actually belive you when you say you're making an ambitious plug-in. Speaking of which, here's a real treat. The Special Forces HUD (Sidebar). The first in the normal Fed one, the second was modified in PS CS3 by yours truly. Tell me what you think!

Attachment FedHUD2.jpgAttachment FedHUD.jpg

EDIT: This is not the current version. I just edited the jewel and the triangular plaque to make it darker and look like it fits in better.

I like the unmodified version better. Why would a newly bought Fed ship look like it just came out of a battle, lol. Also, I don't know if this is possible, but can you overlay a % armor and shield rating on the console? That would be helpful.

@trinix, on Aug 18 2007, 11:54 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I like the unmodified version better. Why would a newly bought Fed ship look like it just came out of a battle, lol. Also, I don't know if this is possible, but can you overlay a % armor and shield rating on the console? That would be helpful.

Well, the new one is supposed to be a tweaked and overloaded version of the original ship, so you could expect it to have at least a little damage. I don't know about overlapping armor and shields. I should try it.

Cool sidebars. I use the GIMP myself, but I haven't got around to making in-game menus or anything. I never played the fed storyline through, but now maybe I'll have a reason. 🙂

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 19 2007, 02:30 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Attachment FedHUD.jpg

Try to apply a gradient on top to make it look more like the shaded & varying background it's on. Right now, it looks too "copy & paste". Make it blend in.

Oh, I didn't mean to say have one Armor and Shield combo indicator. I mean a "79%" on top of the shield bar to indicate how much shields are left and "68%" on Armor status to indicate how much that is left. Since some weapons seem to go straight to armor and bypass shields, your ship could be blown up before you even saw what happened! 😄

@pace, on Aug 19 2007, 11:09 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Try to apply a gradient on top to make it look more like the shaded & varying background it's on. Right now, it looks too "copy & paste". Make it blend in.

Very good idea. As I said, it is not the final version and you can expect a better composite soon.

@trinix, on Aug 19 2007, 10:43 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Oh, I didn't mean to say have one Armor and Shield combo indicator. I mean a "79%" on top of the shield bar to indicate how much shields are left and "68%" on Armor status to indicate how much that is left. Since some weapons seem to go straight to armor and bypass shields, your ship could be blown up before you even saw what happened! 😄

No, you can't do that. You could put notches above or below it so you can more easily see where the shields are (kinda like a thermometer; I think SFA does something like this with the civvie sidebar), but you can't do what you said.

Ą--Urgent request for help---! If you want to see what I've got so far here's your chance!

I seriously need some mission fixed. I did a pilotlog after being offered a mission further down the line and THE BIT THAT NEEDED TO BE SET WASN'T EVEN ACTIVE! I need help from someone who knows mission bits. This will also give you a chance to see what I have so far. Pleeeeeeeeeeze respond!

Here is the new and improved SF sidebar:

Attached File FedHUD.gif (49.36K)
Number of downloads: 29

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 19 2007, 04:12 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Ą--Urgent request for help---! If you want to see what I've got so far here's your chance!
I seriously need some mission fixed. I did a pilotlog after being offered a mission further down the line and THE BIT THAT NEEDED TO BE SET WASN'T EVEN ACTIVE! I need help from someone who knows mission bits. This will also give you a chance to see what I have so far. Pleeeeeeeeeeze respond!

Never mind. I fixed it. Sorry for the trouble. 🙂 BTW, if Zap or Warlord or any of my reserved beta-testers want to take a peek, feel free. I'll just email it to you.

One of the things I'm finding challenging is figuring out how to pay you when you are under orders. I'm thinking of upping the salaries to about two hundred per day. Some of the solutions I've found is "scrounging" for credits aboard blockade runners (with some rare finds upwards of 40,000, most being 10,000) and getting a tip from a scientist for some stolen technology. You also intercept a package to a spy on earth that contains 50,000 credits for his spending cash (as well as some vital plans). Does anyone have any ideas as to how you can make money on most missions while still retaining the illusion of being a soldier who has to obey his superiors regardless?

How about saying for every enemy ship you kill, you get a small bounty?

I thought about that. While it is a good idea, it's not in most of the missions that you'd be going on. Remember that the thing we're trying to get around is that you have to do it anyway. You don't see a marine in Iraq saying "Alright boys. We're going to storm this house and kill everyone inside it. You'll be payed fifty bucks apiece when your done."

Hmm, okay. That's pretty tricky. How about saying that since you are in the special forces you receive 'extra hazardous duty pay'? That's kind of thin, though.

Really, it's not easy to suggest ideas for something like this outside of context. After all, you are talking about stuff that you'd do anyway during the mission. Obviously, only YOU know absolutely what will work on a per mission basis.

Still, if I can think of anything I'll speak up 😉

Ok. Thanks for the input.

Anytime 😉

Or as zapp said,

That's what I'm here for 🙂

Email: zapp27@hotmail.com

Spammers beware, I eat spammers' faces!!!