Nova buttons question

Why no "button middle" masks?

Something that occurred to me while I was redesigning the buttons for EVN:UGF: why is it that there's no masks for the button middle PICTs?

The bright buttons, for instance, go "PICT 7500 (Button Left Bright), PICT 7501 (Button Middle Bright), PICT 7502 (Button Right Bright)", but the corresponding masks go "PICT 7600 (Unclick mask left)", and then straight to "PICT 7602 (Unclick Mask right)". I was just wondering why.

@starsword, on Nov 25 2007, 12:20 PM, said in Nova buttons question:

Something that occurred to me while I was redesigning the buttons for EVN:UGF: why is it that there's no masks for the button middle PICTs?

The middle of the button isn't rounded the way that the edges area, so no part of it needs to be masked off.

But let's say someone was making a plug that changed the button design dramatically. How about serrated edges, or a hole that opens up in the button when it is clicked, exposing the background underneath?

I suppose it depends on whether the engine doesn't support a mask for the middle buttons or it just assumes that the mask is just square regardless of any circumstances. It probably wouldn't be that hard to figure out.

The engine doesn't support masks for button middle sections. See the Resource ID Guide from the link in my sig for a little more info.

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 October 2009 - 04:29 AM