yet another bug, and another question

help

Alright Question first.
I recently discovered the powers of EV NEW and i make my own outfits and evrything like that. but i cant figure out how to give it a picture and description in the store. This is the Desc right? and if so how do i give it a desc?

second the bug.
Alright so i made an outfit and when i go into shop to buy it it wont let me? what happened?

@lucky7ac, on Oct 23 2007, 11:51 AM, said in yet another bug, and another question:

Alright Question first.
I recently discovered the powers of EV NEW and i make my own outfits and evrything like that. but i cant figure out how to give it a picture and description in the store. This is the Desc right? and if so how do i give it a desc?

second the bug.
Alright so i made an outfit and when i go into shop to buy it it wont let me? what happened?

I'm also a plug-in-creation novice, so if I get something wrong here hopefully someone else will swoop in with a correction.

When you create a new outfit in EVNew, it auto-assigns Desc and PICT ID numbers to the outfit. You can find those numbers in the Outf resource, and then create the Desc and PICT resources with matching ID numbers to add your description and picture. For example, if you started with a blank plug-in and created Outf 128, that outfit would automatically claim Desc ID 3000 and PICT ID 6000. You'll need to create those resources yourself, then you can type in your description and import your picture.

As for not being able to buy it...can you see it in the Outfitter but can't purchase, or is it not showing up at all? Make sure you don't have something you don't want in the Availability field (if you can see it) and that the Tech Level of the outfit is lower than the Tech Level of the planet where you're trying to buy it (if you can't see it).

@tsuki, on Oct 23 2007, 09:20 AM, said in yet another bug, and another question:

As for not being able to buy it...can you see it in the Outfitter but can't purchase, or is it not showing up at all? Make sure you don't have something you don't want in the Availability field (if you can see it) and that the Tech Level of the outfit is lower than the Tech Level of the planet where you're trying to buy it (if you can't see it).

yes i can see it in the outfitter that i wish to purchase it in, i have nothing in the aviablilty feild ( i normally dont put anything there and it still works) and my tech level is 0 im pretty sure earth has a higher tech level than 0

@lucky7ac, on Oct 24 2007, 11:35 AM, said in yet another bug, and another question:

yes i can see it in the outfitter that i wish to purchase it in, i have nothing in the aviablilty feild ( i normally dont put anything there and it still works) and my tech level is 0 im pretty sure earth has a higher tech level than 0

Ok, well the next thing I would check then is the outfit's Require field - make sure you're not accidentally requiring something you don't have.

Also, check the mundane stuff...make sure you have enough money and enough space on your ship for the outfit. If your outfit is a weapon that counts as a fixed gun or turret, make sure your ship isn't at max capacity for guns and turrets already.

If it's none of those things, someone else will have to help you. 😛

Are you flying a custom ship? If so make sure you set the first contribute bit in the ship resource.

(edit)Crusader Alpha said it better than me 😛 (/edit)

And as Tsuki said make sure you have the credits and space required for the outfit as well as open gun slots. I'll have to look into more reasons once I get home and have access to EVNEW.

This post has been edited by Ant'Iglias II : 24 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

MAKE SURE that on the outfit, the first require bit is filled. If it isn't, you won't be able to buy it. Also, make sure the ID for your outfit is NOT the same as any IDs in the stock scenario: while EVNEW will automatically make the ID 128, modify it to be above the highest ID number in the normal scenario. There are no IDs below 128. There are a maximum of 512 outfit types in Nova, also, in case that comes up (which I doubt).

@crusader-alpha, on Oct 25 2007, 05:51 AM, said in yet another bug, and another question:

MAKE SURE that on the outfit, the first require bit is filled. If it isn't, you won't be able to buy it.

That's not right, require bits are additional restrictions on whether you can purchase it or not. That bit would only be the problem if the outfit required it and he was flying a ship which did not contribute it.

In case you're still trying to work this out, I think I found the problem. Nova doesn't seem to like a tech level of zero. Try setting it to 1 and see if you can buy it then.

@guy, on Oct 24 2007, 04:25 PM, said in yet another bug, and another question:

That's not right, require bits are additional restrictions on whether you can purchase it or not. That bit would only be the problem if the outfit required it and he was flying a ship which did not contribute it.

Ha. You're right again. Thanks.