Help with a bug

I am in the process of creating a plugin using EVNew and upon trying to open it up today this is the message I got.

"One or more errors occurred while loading file "C:\Program Files\EV Nova\Iliad Data 1.rez Consult log.txt for details."

And in the log is said: "Error: 4-byte header of file "C:\Program Files\EV Nova\Nova Files\Iliad Data 1.rez" did not match 0x42524752 ("BRGR")."

I have restarted my computer and the problem is persisting.

I have now resored my system and still nothing. When I go to the Nova Data files it says that this file has 0 bytes. I had over 300 system resources and over 100 spobs that I would rather not have to do again. Before anyone asks, I do not have this backed up on a Flash drive or anything - athough I wish for #$%&% sake that I did.

Does any one know how I might fix this?

This post has been edited by Bootstrap_Bill : 26 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

You know, you could try converting the plugin (I have a Mac) and posting it... I, or others, could take a look at it.

Hmm, I don't really know how to do this but here goes nothing.

The whole 0 bytes thing has me thinking that I may have just lost a weeks worth of work.

Attached File(s)

I tried opening it and got the same error. To me it seems like the file has been (unfortunately) corrupted.

I tried dropping it into Mission Computer and my plug-in converter and it says it is corrupted or not a valid file.

Did no one notice the file he uploaded truly is zero bytes? Of course you can't do anything with it. Sorry Bootstrap, but it appears you have lost a week's worth of work.

I figured as much :(. Thanks for the help anyways.

At least I have the galaxy mapped out on paper so I'm not completely back to square one but a setback like this really "takes the wind out of your sails" if you know what I mean.

Unless my computer continues to succeed on thwarting my every attempt large projects you will hear more about this plug in the future.

This post has been edited by Bootstrap_Bill : 26 October 2007 - 10:46 PM